Crashing

Y/n's Pov

I awoke slowly to a room filled with bodies and flames. I was confused as to what had happened until it all came flooding back. I quickly got up from the ground, but almost fell back down at the pain going through my body. I leaned against the wall behind me and tried figuring out what to do next.

I looked around myself and found Kylo and Rey gone. I also noticed that Luke's lightsaber was gone, although I wasn't sure if it had been blown to pieces or taken by one of the two others. It seemed that Snoke's escape shuttle was gone, but I was confused as to why until I looked out the windows. I could see the other half of the ship? Split from the part I was on? I was even more confused.

'Since when did this happen? And how?' I asked myself. I found I couldn't answer the question but could only guess it was something to do with the Resistance. I looked toward the turbo lift and was surprised to see it in good shape and working. I was about to enter it, when I remembered something. I turned and looked around the floor near Snoke's throne, but didn't see the Kyber crystals.

'Kylo or Rey must of taken them.' I thought, and I felt an almost immediate thought afterwards that it was Kylo. I could somehow sense it through the force, like the crystals and I were connected in a way that I could track where it was and what it was near and turned back around and entered the turbo lift. It worked surprisingly smoothly and I thought the split may not have been as close as I thought, that was, until I stepped out of the lift.

There was even more flames and bodies here. I knew I was in a hanger, but nearly all the ships were destroyed. When I say nearly, I mean only a small experimental tie fighter kept in a separate area was in good enough shape to be used. I walked as quickly as I could over multiple obstacles and dodging flames to get to it. And as quickly as I could, I mean limping and stopping every once in awhile to get over some dizziness that would almost overtake me at points.

I finally arrived at the small tie and found that there were a few dents and scorch marks on the outside, but otherwise, it seemed almost brand new.  It was then that I realized this might have been the tie that I saw the blueprints for earlier. 'They sure make things quick around here.' I thought as I climbed in.

I buckled myself in and looked at all the controls in front of me. It all looked new and flashy compared to the ones I used to work with and I noticed there were a few more special controls as well. I felt the whole place shake dangerously and figured it was time to get out. I turned everything on and zoomed out of a hole where a larger lift used to be.

I got out just in time too, because when I turned to look back, I saw a large beam crash in and close off the hole I had just gone through. I sighed in relief and turned back to the thing at hand. I now had to figure out where everyone had gone. That was soon answered when I noticed the planet below me. I noticed a few star destroyers flying down towards it and flew after them.

The planet grew larger and larger until I noticed what had looked like snow was actually a thin cover of salt over a red crystal underneath. I hovered above everything for awhile to figure out what was going on when I saw 13 skimmers skimming towards the First Order. I could only guess it was a distraction to keep them off the rest of the Resistance until they are able to find a way to escape. But then, I noticed something being else down below.

It was a battering ram cannon, and it would definitely be powerful enough to crack open the large door that separated the First Order from the Resistance.

Now I knew that the skimmers were heading to try and take out that cannon. Tie fighters emerged from the Star destroyers above and flew down to attack the small group of skimmers down below. I winced as I saw one taken out, and then another. They then all split up and the Tie Fighters followed.

The skimmers dug into the the thin layer of salt slightly, spraying up red dust behind them, as they dodged blasts and continued forward. A few more skimmers went down and their places were taken by others farther out. I noticed one skimmer was being chased by two Tie Fighters and decided to help. I was about to fire a shot at the first one when everything started to spin and alarms went off all around me.

'I've been hit!' I thought, as I tried to control my fighter. It was no use, part of one of the wings had been blown off. I turned to see what had hit me and I saw the Millennium Falcon flying away, drawing all the Tie Fighters to follow it as well. 'Rey?' I thought and I braced myself for crash landing.

The fighter jerked harshly as it hit the ground and rolled. It finally came to a stop with the door facing upwards. I breathed a sigh of relief that I hadn't been crushed. The shell of the fighter had been dented in many places and the glass had smashed easily, and the door was stuck in place. I had gained a few more cuts and bruises but they weren't major.

I tried pushing the door open but it didn't budge. I carefully moved myself so that my feet were on the door. I took a quick breathe and pushed as hard as I could. The door creaked open a tiny bit but it still didn't give way. I rested a second, dizziness having come back, before trying again. I pounded on the door and it budged a bit more. I tried once more and the door flung open, breaking off its broken hinges.

I noticed there was a little cloud of red above me as I climbed out of the fighter. I found myself feeling very hot in two layers of clothes and decided to take the commander's suit, that I had used as a disguise, off. I brushed my clothes off and noticed the dust around me had settled. I looked across the salt plains and saw two lone figures standing between the First Order and Resistance.

Everything, was silent.