Chapter 14: Papa Bear

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a Father's protection."

~ Sigmund Freud

"Do you need me to wash your back?" He called out.

It was hard. Doing the right thing was always hard. 

Days turned into weeks and before they knew it, Rae and Levi were thick as thieves. It was as if they fell into a normal routine of a couple who had been together for a long time. Although official, they didn't come to the conclusion to be exclusive, it was suggested. It had been a long time since Levi had been in a relationship and he couldn't complain. It felt good, but it was also hard.

Levi didn't expect such an attraction as strong as he had with Rae. Countless times he reminded himself that she wasn't his type, but everyday she proved him wrong. Despite the many facts and obstacles he had to hurdle through to initially like Rae, he was glad that he made the ultimate decision to put down his wall.

His issue with women stemmed from his relationship with his mother and everyday it was an uphill battle. Forcing himself to believe that everyone wasn't selfish like his mother, Levi had to record it in his brain that Rae wasn't. Each day she was growing into the person that Levi wanted.

Wanted bad. It was simple things that she did causing something to spark a fire from within.  Every time he looked in her eyes, there was evidence of desire and want. The way she bit her lip when she was in deep thought. How she ate whatever he cooked and a simple moan escaped those thick lips that he so desperately wanted to taste.

Oh, it was hard to do the right thing.

He knew when women had an attraction to him. Especially now and days when women didn't try to hid it. Trying to fight it was futile and a mistake on his part.

He knew that she was attracted to him. Darting her eyes every time he talked to her. Blushing when he reached out and grabbed her hand.

That afternoon as he sat back in bed, waiting for her to exit the bathroom, he wanted to take their relationship to the next level. So many times in the middle of the night, laying next to her, he wanted to roll over and face her. Climb on top of her and send them both to height that neither one of them knew was physically possible.

Its... Was... Hard.

Steam flowed out of the bathroom as the door open. Rae walked through and stood at the doorframe with a simple blue towel wrapped around her.

"No," she smirked at him. "I think I got it."

Levi eyed her from head to toe. "I'm just trying to help."

Her long shapely legs glistening from the shower. He paid close attention to the drops of water trickle down her her skin. Slowly his eyes landed on the towel. A barrier between him and a sweet destination. Hiding barely anything as the outline of her nipples were on display.

Levi found it uneasy to get comfortable in bed as he shuffled around. 

"Are you gonna cook again tonight?" She asked as she dried her hair with a towel.

He smirked at her. "Who am I? Your chef?"

Her face turned a few shades lighter as she stumbled on her word. "I-I didn't mean it like that."

"I'm joking," he told her.

He watched her closely as she took a deep breath and  grabbed the edges of  the towel.

"I planned on taking you out to eat, but if you wanted to stay in today then that's fine."

Leaning against the door, Rae glanced down at her feet. "Maybe we can just stay in."