Illusions

There it is, I really thought you cared about me, by the small things you'd do.
But what we need to understand is that some people will take advantage at the fact that you don't need too much to be pleased.
How could you sit there and tell the lies, with such a genuine smile and shine in your eyes.
"I love you, like a fat kid loves cake", I thought that was cute at first, but when you really think about it, that kid probably hates himself for loving the very thing that hurts him.
Hm. I'm probably it thinking too deep into it, but I know one thing to be true.
You've left a scar that I constantly pick and reopen, I want to comprehend your thought process, and why you chose me to use, abuse, and do away with.
Was it my willing heart, or the words of encouragement I offered?
Why was it to easy to try and destroy something that only wanted to build you into someone greater.
They say when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
My mistake, I guess I shouldn't constantly try to see the good where only evil lies dormant.
No losses here only lessons to take with me like a book of instructions on how to get through this walk of life, I hurt, to teach and show my offspring what warning signs to look for. Everything that glitters isn't gold.
Wolves get cold too, so be sure to look close when you see that sheep chillin under that tree.