Chapter 13

Today was a special day. Her special day, to be correct. Today was the day that she was finally going to marry her lover, Peter Pan. She'd been waiting for this day ever since he proposed on that summer night. She felt like she was in some sort of fairy tail. She was getting married to the one she loved more than life itself, and she was going to spend the rest of her life with him in Neverland. She was excited, even though she was going to have a simple, small, wedding, she just couldn't help it. After pacing back and forth for God knows how long, she finally realized that it was only 20 minutes until her wedding began. As soon as she realized it, Slightly walked over to her, looking quite nice in his version of nice clothes. "Wendy, you look beautiful." commented Slightly, which brought a smile and blush to her innocent face. "Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself." She said, winking at him in a silly manner. Slightly cracked a smile and lightly laughed. He always loved her silliness. "Are you ready to become Ms. Pan, Wendy?" he questioned. "I'm more than ready now." She replied, a new-found confidence flowing throughout her veins. Slightly hugged her tightly, and led the way to the alter. "Ten minutes until i'm a married woman..." she thought, hardly believing it. She were going to be married to her sweet, caring, and loving man in less than ten minutes. This thought made butterflies fly all around her stomach. Slightly asked Cubby to make sure Peter still had the rings. In doing so, he glanced over to her, seeing her deep in her thoughts. "What are you thinking about, Wendy?" he asked, pulling her out of her thoughts. "... Just thinking about... the fact that I'm going to be a happily married woman in less than 8 minutes..." Wendy said, slightly drifting back into her thoughts, and sighing contently. "Flying Eagle, please repeat this sentence after me. 'I, Peter Pan, take Wendy Darling, to be my lawful wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, obey, til death due us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.'" "I, Peter Pan, take Wendy Darling, to be my lawful wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, obey, til death due us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth." he repeated, a huge, warm smile on his face as he said each and every word. "Wendy, please repeat after me. 'I, Wendy Darling, take Peter Pan, to be my lawful wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, obey, til death due us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.'"
"I, Wendy Darling, take Peter Pan, to be my lawful wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, obey, til death due us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth." she said, tears on the edge of spilling from her eyes. "Do you have the rings?" asked the Chief. "Yes, I do." replied Peter, carefully pulling out the rings. He then slipped her ring on her finger, getting ready to say his personal vows. "Wendy, I've loved you since the first second I laid eyes on you. Only having just met you, and I already knew you were the one I was going to marry someday. You're the most beautiful, intelligent woman I've ever met, and I'm proud to say that I'm your husband. I'll always be there for you, better for or for worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health. I love you more than you could ever imagine, my little Wendy-bird." Peter's speech brought her to tears, and soon she put on his ring, and started to say her vows. "Peter, I love you more than life itself, you've always been my happiest thought. I don't care if my parents will never get to meet you, because I love you. I don't care about your past. You're my savior. You always have been, always will be. I'm proud to be your wife." She said, choking up on her tears of happiness. "Is there anything else you would like to say?" asked the Chief, all the while having a warm smile on his face, because he could just look at the two of them and tell they both loved each other like there was no tomorrow. Wendy and Peter both shook their heads no, ready to finally be married. "Well then, Flying Eagle, without further a due, you may kiss the bride." And with that, Peter kissed her, and it felt like she could feel all his love for her throughout the kiss. After thanking the chief, the two decided to take their leave, and head home...After arriving home and changing out of somewhat uncomfortable clothes, she hugged Peter's thumb tightly. She couldn't believe it. She was married to the man of her dreams. Peter soon kissed her passionately, which is what he's been wanting to do ever since the wedding ended. "Let's go to sleep, huh? I'm kind of tired, and I really want to sleep with my beautiful wife..." he said, snuggling her into the crook of his neck. She smiled warmly and lovingly at this gesture. "Of course, let's go." she said, and, before she knew it, Peter had cupped her against his chest, and made his way to the room they shared, with her laughing all the while.