Chapter 1: Anthony, the guy's best friend

Start from the beginning

"Alright, let's go."

***

Anthony signed angrily, why did he have to play the errand boy? He went to the staff room and saw the last person he wanted to see. Now, he was even more angry toward his teacher. Why the hell did he have to do that? 

The girl turned slowly to see him and acknowledge him with a nod. 

See why he didn't like her? She wasn't the lest respectful toward him. He was her boyfriend's best friend and yet she couldn't even greet him with a single word. Just what kind of human being was she? He didn't want to interrogate her education, but just how her parents raised her? 

He snorted at her and still greet her. Unlike someone, he was a polite and respectful human being, "Hi." 

She nodded and blinked at him at the same time and without any change on her face, "How are you?"

"Good and you?"

"Good too."

That's all? She didn't even ask him about her boyfriend? Didn't that girl seem to go out with his best friend only for his fame? She never said a word when he was surrounded by a lot of girls, how could she not feel something? 

"Don't you want to know how is your boyfriend?"

She looked at him as she raised an eyebrow and smirked lightly, "If I want to know something about him, I will ask him directly. But thanks for asking." 

Such a hateful girl! Did the go to her head?! 

"Good." He responded coldly. 

The girl was confused. Just what did she do for him to hate her so much? Wasn't they talking friendly until now? Was her smile very hateful? Was that the reason that her boyfriend told her to never smile? She thought at first, he was saying that because he was jealous but she doubted it. 

***

"Just what are  you angry about?" Anthony's best friend asked.

"I am not!" He sulked. 

"Alright, I won't ask about it. But it isn't good to be angry after eating. One should always be happy after eating. Food didn't do anything wrong." As his best friend said that, everyone laughed at him.

"That is not funny! It wasn't you who was used as an errand boy!"

"Isn't it fine? At least you can miss some minutes of the class."

"If only." He frowned at the thought of meeting his best friend's girlfriend. 

The most popular boy just shrugged at Anthony's behaviour. He quickly regained his smile when he spotted his girlfriend, "Wifey!" 

The said wifey looked up and smiled as she excused herself to see him. Seeing his girlfriend coming to see him, the most popular guy jumped from the table and went to hug her. 

Anthony and the rest wore a disgusted face. They never liked her, even after one year. Their feeling was the same since the beginning : dislike. 

***

Anthony signed. Where was his best friend again? Oh yeah, he must be at the drawing club. 

He quickly went and was speechless by what he was seeing. Was he dreaming? 

That was the first time he saw his best friend and his girlfriend smiling so lovely. At their smile, he understood something.

He always found her annoying because she was a quiet girl. He thought a couple needed to have fun. But he didn't see the big picture of the whole thing. The best person for his best friend was the person who could bring out his best points and that was that girl. They had fun but it was just that their definition of fun wasn't the same. He was always looking for a funny girl so he could laugh but it seemed his best friend liked the calm relationship instead. Fine, by the way that girl smiled she must be really in love with his best friend. What an idiot, he was. His friend wasn't stupid, if he wasn't happy or if she never truly liked him, his best friend would have broken up since a long time ago. 

Really, he was really stupid. 

A person shouldn't go out with another person because of that person qualities but because it was that person. 

***

The following day, he went to look for that girl that he hated just yesterday but now didn't feel any hostility toward her. Humans were truly strange. 

"Hey."

She looked at him oddly and pointed to herself, "Me?"

He chuckled a little, "Yes you."

She frowned a little, she knew he didn't like her but why didn't she feel any hostility toward her today? Did he hit his head somewhere? "What can I do for you?"

"I am sorry for the late introduction." He extended his hand and gave her, for the first time, a friendly smile. "I am Anthony, nice to meet you."

Oh, she finally understood. Although she didn't understand his change of behaviour, she was still happy so she extended her hand to him. "I am your best friend's girlfriend. Nice to meet you." She also, for the first time gave him a friendly smile. 

"Thanks for taking care of best friend until now. And in the future too, I hope you will take care of him. You have my blessing."

She blinked once and smiled brightly at him, "Thanks Anthony!"

*****  

[A/N: So what did you think of this first chapter? Who should I do next? The girlfriend's friend? A teacher?]

See you soon.

Britania