Chapter 1: Anthony, the guy's best friend

Author note: So this story that I write during my free time. The chapters will be (very) short.  Anyway, I won't annoy you any longer and enjoy your reading.

*****

Anthony wasn't a bad person. He wasn't a mean person, he always try to see the best in a person. But no matter how much he tried to, he never saw anything good coming from his best friend's new girlfriend. 

That guy was the most popular and could get anyone, so why her? It had been more than one year that he knew they were together but still couldn't understand no matter how he tried to. 

"Anthony, are you coming or not?" His best friend shouted at him. 

"Coming."

"What were you thinking?" His best friend asked while looking on his phone. He must be talking to that girl since he was smiling like a fool. 

"Your girlfriend." He responded honestly.  

His best friend stopped any movement and looked at him coldly and oddly like saying, 'Go ahead. I dare you to steal her from me'. 

"It's like that. I will never try to steal her."

"Because we are friends?"

"No, even if we weren't friends, I would never be interested in her. Not my type."

"Oh? Cool."

"You know, shouldn't you be angry?"

"Why would I be?"

"People are badmouth her and even I do. I mean, she is not the prettiest or smartest and there are several girls better than her."

"And? To me, she is the best, the prettiest and smartest."

"Really?"

"I mean, I am a jealous person so I will rather feel at ease if people thought she isn't pretty. As long as no one i interested in her, I am happy. I won't have to kill anyone." His best friend said with a smirk. "Anyway, stop thinking about her. I do not how to feel if my best friend keep thinking about my girlfriend."

"I am not thinking about her. I am trying to find her some good points to understand why you would go out with her." 

His best friend seemed to think about something before smiling to him in a menacing way, "Stop that, it isn't good for your brain. Let's go. It's been more than a year." 

The most popular guy wasn't a genius but even he could understand that fact. If Anthony kept thinking about his girlfriend, wouldn't that mean he had a crush on her? And if he eventually found her some good points, wouldn't he fall in love with her? There was only one thing he feared in his life, it was his best friend. Since they knew each other from kindergarten, he knew they were the same. They liked and hated the same things so he was afraid that Anthony will fall in love with his current girlfriend (who was going to be, in the future, his wife). 

Anthony frowned at these words, why did he feel they weren't talking about the same thing? But how could he not bother himself with that thing? He wanted to best for his best friend.