i will love you forever [ moonsun || mamamoo ]

this story will be portrayed in moonbyul's point of view -

In a street full of burning neon signs , underneath the street lamp . The day you and I met , when I see your dry lips and scorching eyes from the cold weather . When you look at me like that all the stars start to fall asleep .

" It's still not too late , for you to come back to me . "

From those entrancing words I realised that you are the only one that I love .

-

I bang my fist onto the table , in frustration from all the stress and anxiety . I crack my knuckles and lean back on my chair , unable to focus on the task at hand . Maybe I should take a break from work and everything around me , it's too much to handle ; too much to handle alone .

I put on my coat and head out the door to get some drinks , I lived near the shady and rowdy area of Seoul but it didn't mind since it was convenient for the alcohol and the clubs. Not that I enjoyed going to them , but we all need to let loose once in a while . Though these days it has been more than once in a while.

I missed her , but then I still hate her . I know I love her yet I still don't love her . Day by day I look at our old pictures , I can't help but cry and reminisce our days we spent together .

As I stroll down the dark alley , I see dozens of lovers walking hand in hand , their faces only showing their bright smiles that lit up the way to the pubs .

I entered the pub you loved , the one you used to play pool with me . I can't bear to even look at the table anymore , it's your fault , yet I am the one at fault too .

I grab a seat on the bar chair , telling the bartender my order.

" I want the usual , two bourbon on the rocks . "

He nodded and prepared them , as I looked over to your seat . Smiling a little at the small carving you made on the edge of the table . Your handwriting was really pretty even though I kept telling you it was messy . I loved joking with you , you always fell for them but you always forgave me for anything I did .

You're too naive , you're too sweet .

Unlike others , you shone the brightest. Even in darkness , you lit up brightly , brighter than the moon and sun .

Just then , the bartender asks , " Why do you always order two bourbon on the rocks but never drink the other ? "

I reply , fidgeting with my fingers . " Because - . Just because. " I force out a smile .

I clench my jaw , trying not to cry .

My first love that I can't forget , are you listening to me ?

I can't fill in your empty space all by myself you know that don't you ?

I dream again now and then , every night . Day by day . That single scene won't stop replaying itself.

I finish my drink and ask for another , again and again . I get a pen , I carve something into the table for you .

It reads .

" Are you listening ? "

Just like that I pay my bill and leave the pub just before it closes .