124. Mobbed and Ring

Start from the beginning

"No, no, no, it's okay, I'm fine." I said.

"Are you sure?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah. The distance just gets hard sometimes, you know? Like, I miss all of those feelings too. I hate the fact that you were mobbed and I wasn't there to help. I hate that. I'm so far away from you and I can't even help out my own boyfriend." I said.

"Y/n it's okay. You have school, you can't fly everywhere with me. I have to go but I love you baby." Shawn said. I felt sad that he had to go, but it's not like I could refuse to hang up.

"Okay. I love you too. Call me tonight?" I asked.

"Of course." Shawn said.

"Bye baby boy." I said.

"Bye baby girl." Shawn said, and with that we hung up. I sat on the couch, wearing Shawn's clothes. I looked at the promise ring that he gave me six months into our relationship and smiled. It was like, as long as I have the ring with me, I have him with me. So I'll always have him with me.

The next day I decided to get him a ring. He had gotten me one, why not get him one? It could be like having a little piece of me with him while he's away. I went to the jewelry store alone, hoping to find the perfect ring for him. I found a lady that worked there.

"Hi, I have a question." I said to the woman whose name tag said Ashley.

"Of course, what can I help you with today?" She asked with a smile.

"I'm looking for a promise ring, but for my boyfriend. Do you have anything like that?" I asked. She thought for a moment.

"Do you say 'I love you' to each other?" She asked. I nodded my head yes. "I know something that would be perfect. Follow me." She said. She walked to the counter and handed me a black ring. On the inside of the ring, in whiteish/gold lettering, it said 'I love you'.

"This is absolutely perfect. How much is it?" I asked. She told me the price and I paid for it. That was quick and easy. Now to just wait until Shawn's home to give it to him.

Shawn was home within a couple of weeks, and I was feeling so excited for him to be home. I couldn't wait to feel my lips on his. The door soon opened and Shawn walked in. I ran towards him and jumped into his arms. He caught me and his hands went underneath my bum. My arms wrapped loosely around his neck, and I put my lips on his. I instantly felt sparks shoot out throughout my body. I felt my blood pump faster. I felt my heart race, and I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach, all as mine and Shawn's lips moved in sync with each other. We pulled away.

"God that was amazing. I've missed that." Shawn said. I nodded my head.

"Me too. Come on, let's sit on the couch and talk." I said. Shawn nodded his head.

"How have you been baby girl?" Shawn asked me as we faced each other on the couch. He immediately put his hand on my legs, wanting to feel close to me.

"I've been good. Almost done with school for the semester so that's good." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Come here." He said as he pulled me onto his lap. My legs splayed out in front of me as my butt rested on his lap. I put my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his body, specifically his torso.

"I have something for you." I said.

"And what's that?" Shawn asked. I got up and went into the other room to grab the little velvet box. I came back and held the box in my hand. I didn't want him to see it yet, so I stood in front of him with the little box held behind my back.

"Well, six months into our relationship, you gave me a promise ring. Whenever I look at it, it's like you're with me in that moment, and I know that everything will be okay. So I wanted to return the favor. Shawn, I love you. I promise you that when you ask me to marry you, I will say yes. I promise you that no matter what the distance is, I will always be there for you. I will always be right there in your heart. I promise you that I will never leave you and I will never let myself lose you. I promise you that I will always love you. I want you to remember these promises. I love you." I said as I opened the box and showed him the ring. By now he had tears coming down his face and a smile on his face. He looked at the ring and smiled even bigger. He took it out and examined it.

"It says I love you in it." Shawn said, looking at me. I nodded.

"I figured that if you wear it, it will be like you have a little piece of me with you." I said.

"It's perfect. Thank you honey. I love you." Shawn said.

"You're welcome honey, I love you too. Can I put it on you please?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I would love that." Shawn said. He put up his hand, the one that didn't already have a ring on it, and let me put the ring on his finger. Perfect fit. "People are going to think we're married. You have a ring, I have a ring." Shawn said.

"Well, let them talk, because we will be someday." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Come give me a kiss." Shawn said. I leaned in and felt all of the oh so familiar feelings. The blood pumping faster, the sparks, the butterflies, the heart racing. When we pulled away I put my head on Shawn's chest and looked up at him. He looked tired.

"Come on, let's go to bed." I said. Shawn stood up and grabbed my hand and gently led me up the stairs, into our bedroom. We got into bed and he held me as close as humanly possible.

"This, right here, the ring and being with you, makes up for everything. Being away, getting mobbed, everything. I love you my darling." Shawn said.

"I love you too. Come on, let's get some sleep." I said before kissing Shawn's jaw. He smiled at me and closed his eyes. I fell asleep in his arms for the first time in a while, and I felt content. God am I lucky to have a boy that promises to love me forever, and I promise him the same thing in return.