To solve a riddle

Chapter 1-

Hermione ran down the hallways littered with bodies of her fallen comrades. As she ran all she could think about was Neville is dead, Luna is dead, Ron is dead, Ginny is dead, and Harry is dead. She gasped as she thought back just a few minutes ago to see Harry lying on the floor, his eyes filled with emptiness. She kept running through the corridors then stopped to catch her breath. She saw something fly past her ear and turned to see Antonin Dolohov standing only a few feet away from her brandishing his wand. She ducked as several curses flew past her one almost hitting her, she stood up to her full height and screamed “Stupefy!” as Dolohov was flown backwards Hermione kept on running down the halls not even checking behind her to see how well her spell went. As she came to the gargoyle at the entrance of the late professor Dumbledore’s office she sighed. “Cauldron cakes,” she whispered and ran into the office.

She ran to Dumbledore’s desk and started pulling out the drawers whilst the portraits stared at the odd actions of the strange girl that just ran in. “I think that what you’re looking for is in the cabinet above the bookshelf, Miss Granger.” Hermione spun around and came face to face with the glistening eyes of the portrait of Dumbledore. “Oh sorry sir I didn’t see you there just, in a bit of a rush.” She said walking over to the cabinet inspecting it contents.

“Well it think you will find everything you need in there. A suitable amount of clothes, a letter explaining why you’re are there, your permission slip to hogsmeade, the appropriate textbooks and the time turner.”

“Professor Dumbledore are you sure that this will work,” Hermione said as she put the time turner over her head. “Quite sure my dear, and I think 5 turns should do it.”

Hermione sighed as she glanced around the office, she nodded at Professor Dumbledore and turned the time turner 5 times exactly.

She groaned as she sat up and felt around for her bag and time turner which she hoped had landed beside her. She was so busy feeling around in the dark for her things that she didn’t notice the heavy footsteps and a faint glow coming towards her. “Students out of bed. Students out of bed!” a voice called. Hermione stood up and tried to fix her hair and dust herself off.

“Hello,” she greeted to the approaching figure hoping she didn’t sound too suspicious however knowing that she already did. As the figure stopped in front of her she gasped. “I’m Hermione,” she stammered trying to think of a reason to why she was in a dark hallway covered in mud. “I’m a transfer,” she continued “from Beauxbatons,”

“Headmaster Dippet won’t like this at all,” he muttered to himself “Oh well come along Miss…”

“Delacour, Hermione Delacour,” Great job brain she thought now I am going to have to be a French pureblood. She sighed as she followed behind the caretaker dragging her trunk and dignity behind her.

As she walked behind the caretaker he stopped and seemed to be talking to someone.