Chapter 006: Black Card

"No. No. No. The diamond is an intact red diamond. The price I told you is the price for a 1 caret red diamond. The price of an intact red diamond of this size at least need to be multiplied by 30 times." Mr. Kim dropped the bomb on Chrono.

"Thir... Thir... Thirty times?" Chrono stuttered after the shrapnels of the bomb blasted his brain into oblivion.

"Yes. Red diamond is that rare. The other type of diamonds would not have such a high multiplier as compared to red diamond."

"With that amount, wouldn't I be a billionaire?" Chrono asked after he did mental calculation.

"Yes. After the auction you would definitely be a billionaire. So what would you like to do with the diamond? To sell it or to keep it?" Mr. Kim looked at Chrono hopefully as he screamed "SELL IT!!!" in his brain.

"Of course I want to sell it. Why would I want to keep it with me? What are the choices available to me?"

"That is a very wise choice. There are three ways you can sell the diamond. First, it would be to auction the diamond via an auction hall, there would be a lot of paperwork to be cleared and it would be very troublesome. The second way is to sell it privately to a collector, which I assume that our esteemed customer do not have contact with. So the last option, which I personally think is the best, would be to sell it directly to Sotebe's and we would pay you upfront."

"How long till the next auction?"

"The next auction would be on 20th December."

"If I sell it via auctioning, would my personal information be revealed to other parties?"

"Definitely, you would need to fill up forms and state where you find the diamond. Truthfully speaking, I guess that esteemed customer is not someone from this field. Hence if you were to apply for auction, there would be investigations and more investigations to check if the diamond was stolen or not and the origin of it. You would be hounded by the police and media and other trouble might follow after they reveal your identity." Mr. Kim tried his best to dissuade Chrono from the auctioning option. Simply because if Chrono sell it to Sotebe's directly, he would be able to take a cut from the sales as commission.

"How much would Sotebe's be willing to purchase the diamond for?"

"For items worth more than a billion, Sotebe's policy is to raise the price by 50%. There would not be any fees involved and the money will be directly transferred to you. This would all be settled by Sotebe's within 3 days." With such an attractive offer of 50%, no one would reject it. Definitely not Chrono, plus it is the only viable option to him. With 14 days left, he would be dead even before the auction. In addition, keeping his identity a secret would be better and not invite unwanted attention.

Since this was the first time such a humongous red diamond has been discovered, the auctioned price would definitely be able to hit more than 2 billion dollars. Hence Sotebe's would be able to reap in a minimum of 200 million dollars easily by selling to private collectors slightly below the predicted auctioned price. Mr. Kim who was ready to bargain with Chrono more was surprised when he suddenly agreed with it, only requesting that everything be completed by tomorrow.

Even though it would be a little rush, but with Sotebe's connection and influence, it would be easily settled.

"Sir, which bank would you prefer? I would suggest an offshore credit card. If such a huge sum of money is transferred to your personal account suddenly, it would definitely attract unwanted attention." Mr. Kim then went on to explain to him what is the purpose of offshore cards and which banks are good. Chrono decided on Amorican Expross as Mr. Kim keeps pushing for it. Furthermore, using Amorican Expross would mean that he would own the legendary black card: Centurian Black. After Chrono have decided on the bank, Mr. Kim continued to tell him of the privileges and perks of using a Centurian Black.