Chapter 001: A new day, a new skill, a new life

Whew. I am so tired.

Taking in a deep breath of the earthy smell, Chrono relaxed his body and lay on the soft and comfortable patch of grass, gazing at the clouds slowly drifting across the azure blue sky.

*Flash*

...

*Wee-woo* *Wee-woo* *Wee-woo*

Sirens filled the air shortly after.

...

A few hours later...

"A lightning strike hit a male age 21 at Punggol Park this afternoon. The victim is currently in a critical condition, the surgery is still ongoing..."

-----

2 days later.

"Received 1 gold coin."

[Status]

[Name] Chrono Feldman (Dead but alive)

[Lifespan] -60 years

[Job]

<<Life Merchant>>

Ability to shorten one's lifespan and transfer the number of years to a target or increase one's lifespan by receiving a specific number of years from a target's lifespan.

[Stats]

Power/Strength - 10 +

Intelligence - 30 +

Speed - 24 +

Agility - 26 +

Stamina - 15 +

Luck - 50

Charm/Charisma - 29

Recovery - E

Control/Accuracy - D

[Skills]

<Life Merchant Contract> - (A shop where a person's desire can be fulfilled)

<Lachesis Eyes> - LV1 (Ability to see target's lifespan)

<Inventory> - (Somewhere to store all the random junk)

<Lucky Draw> - LV1 (What new skills will you obtain?)

-----

[Quest Log]

Use <Life Merchant Shop Mode> once (Reward: 1 x Lucky Draw)

Use <Lachesis Eyes> ten times. (Reward: Unlock LV2)

Collect 10 gold coins. (Reward: Unlock LV2)

Purchase 10 stat points. (Reward: 1 x Lucky Draw)

Play <Lucky Draw> once. (Reward: Unknown)

What the heck is this? Did I knock my head too hard? The last thing I remember is me lying down on the grass, and afterward, there was a sudden flash... These were Chrono's thoughts at the sight of the weird screen filled with dubious words that had appeared when he opened his eyes.

Wait, am I in the hospital? Chrono wondered, suddenly aware of his surroundings as he recognised the layout of a typical hospital ward. He turned his head to get a closer look of the room, the screen followed his gaze and continued to obstruct his view.

Irritated, Chrono sat up to inspect the screen. After briefly scanning through the words, he found a small [X] button at the top right corner of the screen.