Chapter 46 | Love Sick and Hanging

Start from the beginning

I get to work immediately. After I'm done grooming myself, I try to clean up my already spotless bedroom. Puffing the pillows, straightening the books in my shelf, angling the curtains just right do as to let the sunlight in.

Any minute now, I think.

But even an hour later, there's no sign of her. I pace the entire length of the living room floor, trying very hard not to bite my my nails with anxiety.

Why is it taking her so long?

Did her car break down in the middle of the road? Did she lose her way?

Shut up, Calum! You're not her father!

I try to call her again but her phone's switched off. Sighing in frustration, I pace the floor again.

Another fifteen minutes later, the tension is too much. I pick up my car keys and walk out of the house, taking long steps to my car.

It takes me fifteen minutes to get to her house. Freida opens the door after I've knocked twenty five times, looking groggy and irritated.

"Whuduyuwan?" She says with a groan.

"Pardon?"

"What. Do. You. Want?"

"Where's Ambrosia?"

"Out slaying dragons, why?" She says, gesturing for me to come in.

"She called me a while ago, telling me she's coming over. But she didn't, so I came over to see if everything's fine."

"Wait a second, who are you?" I give her an incredulous look.

Is she knocked on her head?

"You saw me yesterday..." I begin to say before realisation draws in.

"I'm Calum Achorn. I was Benjamin Earlswood yesterday." I say instead.

"Ah. So you're my best friend's boyfriend." She says, a indecipherable look in her eyes.

"I believe so," I say nervously.

"I might have given you the hurt my girl I hurt you speech, but now is not the time. We need to find where Ambrosia's gone," she says.

"Good plan," I say, nervously.

"You can't reach her cell?"

"No."

"Maybe she's with Neave. I remember something about a dress rehearsal." She says.

"Call her," I order.

"Woah, I'm not your employee, moneyball. You don't order me around, comprendé?" She says, waving a hand on my face.

"Please call her," I say.

"Better," She says with a satisfied smirk and I clench my fist with irritation. She calls Neave and waits for her to pick up.

"Neave, where's Ambrosia?" She asks the minute Neave picks up.

"What do you mean?" She asks. I try to decipher the angry buzz coming out from the phone.

"Oh, okay." She says after a minute of listening, a hint of nervousness in her voice. She cuts the call and looks gravely at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Apparently Neave and Ambrosia had a fight. Neave has left for the hotel with their mom. Ambrosia must be on her way back."

"Oh. Okay," I sigh in relief. "She's fine then."

Freida shrugs.

"I should go, then. Tell her to call me when she sees fit." I get up from the couch and make for the door.

"Yo Calum," Freida says. I turn around and look at her with confusion.

"What do you say we prank your girlfriend?" She asks, grinning maniacally.

I couldn't help but grin back.

~•~

What do you think they're planning?!?! The prank was going to be here, in this chapter, but then I thought, why not modify it a little to keep my sweet, little readers hanging? *smiles like Dolores Umbridge*

See you guys soon!♡