Before The Announcement

Rarity's POV

I smiled as I adjusted my dress and sent off the princess's dress. "Fluttershy, are you ready?" I asked, ever so slightly impatient. "One moment." She said. She walked out of the dressing room, wearing a dress that she made herself.

I walked to Fluttershy's cottage to get measurements. I knocked on the door and waited. "Just a moment." She called. She answered the door and smiled. "Oh, hi Rarity. Can I help you?" She asked me. "Well, I need some measurements to make you a dress...along with two million other ponies." I said, sighing. "Oh Rarity, I'll just make my own dress. I've learned enough from you that it will look okay." She told me, sympathy in her eyes. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Of course. You already have to sew for two million other ponies. I'll just make it one million, nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine." She said. "Oh thank you Fluttershy, this means so much to me!" I said, hugging her and running off.

"How do I look?" She asked. Her dress was a pale lilac with a long train. It didn't have any designs or ruffles, but it looked nice on Fluttershy. Discord had his mouth hanging open, his jaw practically touching the floor. "Close yer mouth, yer gonna catch flies." Apple Jack teased, causing him to blush and close his mouth. "Are you ready to go, Rarity?" Diopside asked me. He was the first pony to have their magic taken by Tirek. "One moment, darling." I said, fetching me necklace with diopside jewels on it. I remember when he offered to help me sew. I sighed, overjoyed that he loved me. He was quite the charmer. Sometimes he even recited poetry or Shakespeare while we worked.

"Hello?" Diopside said. "Over here darling!" I called. He sat down next to me and sat down his sewing machine. "It is my soul that calls upon my name: How silver-sweet sound lovers' tongues by night, like softest music to attending ears!" He recited. "Romeo!" I called "My niesse?" He questioned. "At what o'clock tomorrow shall I send to thee?" I asked. "At the hour of nine." Diopside said, so far reciting every line perfectly. "I will not fail: 'tis twenty years till then. I have forgot why I did call thee back." I quoted. "Let me stand here till thou remember it." Diopside said. "I shall forget, to have thee still stand there, remembering how I love thy company." I said.

"And I'll still stay, to have thee still forget, forgetting any other home but this." He said. Tis almost morning; I would have thee gone: And yet no further than a wanton's bird; Who lets it hop a little from her hand, like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves, and with a silk thread plucks it back again, so loving-jealous of his liberty." I said. "I would I were thy bird." Diopside responded. "Sweet, so would I: Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing. Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow." I said. "Sleep dwell upon thine eyes, peace in thy breast! Would I were sleep and peace, so sweet to rest! Hence will I to my ghostly sire's close cell, his help to crave, and my dear hap to tell." He recited. "Oh you were wonderful darling!" I exclaimed. "Only because I had the help of a beautiful and talented actress." He said, kissing my hoof. "You flatter me." I said, batting my eyelashes flirtatiously. "Sadly, there isn't time for flattery. I have to make a million more dresses and suits for tonight." I said worriedly. "I would gladly help a fair maiden in her time of need." He said with a bow.

"Would you like to see yours?" I asked. "Of course!" He said. I handed him the evergreen suit carefully. "It is almost as beautiful as its creator." He said, making me blush. We then got back to work.

I broke away from the memory and adjusted my evergreen dress. It had ruffles on the back and sleeves and sequins anywhere else. "Oh, and by the way, how do I look?" Apple Jack asked. She had just changed into her dress, and she definitely caught our attention, especially Discord, Diopside, and Spike's, who had just walked in. Her dress was apple red with rubies. Everywhere. "We think you look marvelous." I said. The rest just nodded, except Spike, who was still entranced by her beauty. Her usually matted mane was curled and put in an up-do while her tail was just curled. "Whaddya think Spike?" She asked anxiously. "You look stunning!" He said, snapping out of his trance. "Yes, but it's too bad she doesn't have a date." I said. "Oh! I have the most wonderful idea! Spike, why don't you take Apple Jack to the party?" I said. They looked at each other and shrugged. "So Apple Jack, do wanna go to the party with me?" Spike asked nervously. "Sure I will Spike." She said. His chrysocolla suit didn't really match her dress, but oh well.