Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Jazmyne

I looked at the empty spot where Kane once laid and smiled. That was the first time in a while I felt good about waking up. My body hummed from relaxation. The urge to run and grab a bottle of liquor wasn't as strong as before.

Yesterday when I broke down to Kane, and cried, I poured out everything that I held in for so many years. All the pain inside of me and the guilt I felt for losing my baby, I released with every single tear.

That cry, and Kane's comfort was what I really needed. I wasn't healed, however, after yesterday I didn't want to be that cold and emotionless shell anymore.

Realizing how much I had truly hurt Kane through the year, hearing how he felt, hurt. I was trying to protect myself but was hurting him in the process. I was breaking him because I was broken.

The smell of food filled my nose and I rolled over on my back. I stared up at the ceiling as last night's events came to mind. The love he made to me, caused my entire body to set on fire. I felt something inside of me change when I gave my all to him. I didn't know what it was, but the feeling was amazing.

That was the first morning I had awakened without Jack or any of what happened on my mind.

My smile widened, and I rolled out of bed. I grabbed Kane's black beater off the dresser and pulled it on. I then went to find him. "Kane?" I walked out our room, bypassing the empty living room, I went into the kitchen. Kane stood over the stove cooking breakfast.

I walked up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I then kissed his bare back. "Good morning."

Kane glanced down at me and smiled. "Morning, I had planned on being done before you got up. How did you sleep." He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

"I slept great thanks to you." A sigh left my mouth as I held onto him tighter. "I'm sorry for everything." My lips pressed into his back once more. "And don't say anything smart, just tell me you forgive me."

Kane chuckled. "I forgive you." His head turned sideways, and I leaned over and kissed him once more.

"You have it smelling so good in here." My stomach growled at the breakfast food. Binx purred as his rubbed against my leg.

"Surprise!"

I quickly grabbed the knife, spun around and threw it.

"Son of a bitch!" Paul growled as the knife went through his hand. He had blocked the knife before it could hit Shawna in the face.

The sudden loud voices scared the hell out of me. "Oh, my God, Shawna. I'm so sorry." She stood there in shock. "Y'all scared the hell out of me. I didn't hear you come in." I let out a deep breath as my body shook. I could've killed her.

Kane's arms came around me. "Are you okay?" He mumbled against the side of my head.

I nodded as I let out a sigh. "Yeah, I just got scared. I'll be fine." My eyes moved to Shawna's. "I'm so sorry—"

"I know. Next time we'll announce our presences." She chuckled while glancing at Paul. "Thank the Goddess for your quick reflexes." Even, though, Shawna said that, I could tell she was shaking up.

I moved out of Kane's arms and went to her. I pulled Shawna into a tight hug. "I didn't mean to do that, S. It was just a reaction—"

"A quick ass reaction." Paul claimed while walking by us. "She didn't get the word out good before you hurled that knife. You didn't even think about doing it." He observed.