CHAPTER 30 * Curls and realisations *

Start from the beginning

I cleared my throat and she froze where she lay. She slowly turned her head to me. I raised my eyebrows in question. An embarrassed smile crept onto her face.

I sighed then pushed off the wall and approached her. I crouched low then lifted her up. My heart rate spiked a little at the contact but soon subsided.

"Where to?" I asked.

She wouldn't look at me. Was she that embarrassed?

"I wanted to take a shower," she said in a small voice.

Her arm was around my shoulders, but it was stiff, as if she was trying her hardest to minimise contact.

Could she possibly know what I did this morning?

No, she always slept like a log. She couldn't possibly.

I walked to the closet and passed the training attire and went straight to her day wear. She grabbed the overcoat and was about to reach for the inner body mask.

"You won't be needing that," I said.

She looked at me and I at her, and she quickly glanced down.

"You won't be able to get it over your leg."

She only nodded. I took her to the bathroom and sat her down on the toilet. I moved to undo her braids when her hand slapped mine away. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"Obviously, helping you." I replied.

"Helping?" she had a blank look on her face.

"Don't worry, I'm just going to undo the braids and put you in the shower."

She nodded again.

The dress wasn't that complicated to take off. It resembled the overdress, except it was made of a softer material. I undid one braid and watched her curls cascade down her back. They were beautiful. Unlike anything I had ever seen. I undid the other braid, enjoying the feel of my fingers in her thick curls. Once I was done I stood back preparing to lift her and stopped short.

(Before your eyes bulge at this, he DID NOT take her dress of, he was just noting how easy it would be for her to do so.....in case your perverted minds were at work)

For the second time today, my breath caught in my throat. This was... she was... picturesque. And then she looked up at me. My eyes went wide.

Victoria?

Could this be the same girl I had spent over a year with?

How had I not seen this?

She tilted her head to the side in question. I realised she was waiting for me and I slowly approached her and curled my arms under her. Her curls bounced with each step I took and I couldn't help but stare even more. I opened the shower and set her feet down, surprised I didn't trip. Before completely letting go, I made sure she could stand on her own while leaning against one wall. I hesitated before leaving.

"Are you going to be ok?" I asked, my eyes still trained on her while hers roamed everywhere but at me.

Why won't she look at me?

She nodded. I stepped back and closed the door. "I'll be right outside. Call for me when you're done." I stepped out of the bathroom and stood leaning against the wall next to the door, the image of her with her hair down still vivid in my mind.

She called for me when she was done and I stepped back in. She had taken quite a while. I looked at what she was wearing and realised it was probably because she had to fetch the clothes I had left by the toilet. She was sitting on the closed toilet waiting for me. I bent down and scooped her up. I took her to the kitchen and got her something to eat.