34

7

Qifar folded the farmer's daughter's eyes.

"Guess who?" asked Qifar.

"A familiar sound but quite of a grandeur one" said the daughter.

"Hmm" chuckled Qifar.

"Oh, darling friend Qifar" said the daughter.

"Oh, you spoiled the surprise, Sabah" said Qifar.

"I know it was you because you are the one with surprises, Minister Shaheb" said Sabah (daughter).

The father smiled at him as he was taking a betel leaf with an acrea nut. At the same time he was vaping a hookah. Qifar also smiled at him.

"Greetings, uncle" said Qifar.

"So, how's your ministry business going?" asked the farmer.

"It's going well, uncle but the king's behavior is suddenly changing. He's getting more aggressive" said Qifar.

"Oh, his gruesome battles made him awful right after my wife died. I am still feeling deeply sad about it. She was a beautiful person who used to make me happy. Time flies. Anyway, how His Majesty does treats his wife?" asked the farmer.

"He hardly talks with her but she is busy with writing stories in pictures and helping the British" said Qifar.

"It's sad but I guess he needs some time to be right" said the farmer.

Meanwhile, Amyra was looking at the window. She was sad while looking at the villages who looked happy. The fishermen was selling the fish, the villagers were happily singing their folk songs and some disciples of Lalon Shah (a famous folk singer) were spreading peace. Would Shahbaz's changed behavior affect the happiness of the villagers? What is the cause of Shahbaz's changed behavior?

Getting into a year back, The King of Kamalapur escaped from the prison and stabbed Karimi with bloodshed that made Shahbaz noticed. He again arrested The King of Kamlapur to the dungeon.

Shahbaz said "Guards, take him to the tower and do not let him escape no matter what!"

Shahbaz was crying that he semi-destroyed his room by knife, a part of his innocence died within.

That also made Amyrah upset that her father was not extremely treacherous before. She wept so much that they hardly talked with each other.

As for the present, Karimi's daughter was Sabah-Qifar's childhood friend and after her mother, she was working for Shahbaz as a maid. The only person who can console Amyrah was Sabah. Therefore, as Amyrah was looking at the window, Sabah entered the room.

"Your Majesty, His Majesty wants to see you" said Sabah.

"What does he want?" asked Amyrah.

"I don't know. He wants to see you" said Sabah.

Amyrah went to the King's Throne. Shahbaz looked unpleasant. His beard grew a little and his crown looked a bit more gorgeous.

"Amyrah, I want to say that, I need some time to think over my actions. You have an assignment. It's that, you have to go to Jahangir Nagar and submit your stories and drawings to the Viceroy. Somehow, they are pretty impressed with your work" said Shahbaz.

"But, I heard that Jahangir Nagar is under attack. It's risky to go there" said Amyrah.

"Apologies, you have to go but I never want you to come back" said Shahbaz.

She rushed into her room and wept. How could Shahbaz be that merciless? How could he think like that? He must have to move on.