Don't make me

"L-L-Lyon?"

"Hey pinkie, miss me?"

Tears well up in my eyes as I look at him. He's just like I remember. His face is so well sculpted. His eyes are the same beautiful black color I remember, and his hair is a spikey, pale blue mess. I squint a little to get a better look at him. I notice he has a black eye and a deep gash running down his left cheek. I gasp and reach for his eye.

He seems shocked as I touch his black eye, but only his eyes show the emotion. The rest of his face remains unchanged.

"What happened to your eye?" I ask as I move my hand away from his face.

He shrugs, "It's not a big deal. This happens a lot."

I shake my head, "It is, you have a black eye... and y-you have a-a cut on your cheek."

He cups my face with his hand and shakes his head, "Why are you worrying so much about me? What about you? Your arm is covered in scratches and scars."

More tears stream down my cheeks, but I don't say anything. I whimper and rest my head on Lyon's chest.

It's warmer than I would have expected. I close my eyes and let out a deep shaky breath. How can someone like him be so kind to me? No one's done that except for... Ultear.

"Meldy," starts Lyon as he lifts my head from his chest, "Where's the rest of your guild?"

I whimper, "I'm sorry, but I'd rather not say."

He growls, "What happened? Did they hurt you? I swear to God if they hurt you..."

I shake my head and pull away from the ice-make mage, "N-no, i-it's nothing like that."

Lyon seems to relax a little, "Ok... so then, what happened?"

More tears flow from my eyes, "I... I... I don't want to talk about it... so please don't make me."

"Meldy..." Starts Lyon.

I shake my head and try to inch away. He sighs and wraps his arms around me. I let out a small gasp at his actions. I try to pull away again, but Lyon won't let me. Everytime I try to push away from him, he tightens his arms around me. Eventually I have no choice but to return his gentle embrace.

He's so kind, and caring too. So why? Why do I keep finding it hard to talk to him. Is it his eyes, his kind and loving eyes? Or maybe, it's the way he listens to me? Why can't I do it? Everytime I look in his eyes, or talk to him, I get this strange feeling. My face starts to heat up, my heart starts pounding, and I act all stupid. Why do I do that? Why? Why? Whyyyyyy?

Lyon tightens his arms around me, "Please... please tell me what happened. I won't judge or make fun of you... just please, tell me what happened."

I squeeze him a little tighter and more tears stream down my cheeks, only this time the drip onto Lyon's clothes. This makes me feel worse so I start to cry.

I hear him gasp. Lyon loosens his arms a little, but I squeeze him tighter. We stay like this for a while before Lyon pulls away.

His eyes are full of compassion and kindness, with a hint of determination.

"I'm sick of it." I say as I do my eyes.

"Sick of what?" asks Lyon.

"Sick of faking, sick of lying, and sick of being treated like a little kid. I hated... no I hate it. I wanted to end it all so I ran away." I spit angrily.

I look at Lyon. He seems so shocked, but he's probably gonna laugh at me or make fun of my suffering.

"Meldy... I had no idea that you were going through this. I-I'm sorry."

I growl at him, "Your apologies won't change the suffering I've felt. It won't change how Jellal and the others have treated me. It won't change the fact that I spent all my time crying alone with no one to comfort me. But you probably don't know anything about that do you? You probably spent your days with a loved one, or with someone you trust! So just shut it with your apologies!" I screech at him.

I look at Lyon. His eyes were filled with tears.

Oh no, what did I just say?

"Oh my God, L-l-lyon I-I... I don't know what I just said. I'm so so so so sorry, please forgive me."

He says nothing.

Aw man, I really messed up this time.