Chapter 3

July 2017

It's been almost the best three weeks without Leon since he departed to Russia with all the rest of German national football team for 2017 Confederation Cup also we kind of loss contact. More likely none of us are intended to start communicating one to the other, no texted, no phone call, not once. But yeah, not something new, we usually did that.

The last short texted I received from him is the day he departed, he was at the airport, sent me a 'wish me luck' which I answered immediately with 'good luck' just that.

But it doesn't mean I don't follow his news at all, he was brilliant at the confederation cup. I watched all their game, thanks to our fans-shipper who always forced me to watch and supported him.

And at the end of the tournament, German reached their victory. The confederation cup is over and that also mean he will come home soon.

Instead a week after that, he still didn't show up, still no text and no phone call. Clearly it makes me kind of miss him however I still have no intention to reach for him just to ask what he's doing or maybe where is he now?

Until that night.

Two AM, I was about to sleep after watched Netflix series in my laptop when he called.

"You'd better have a good reason to call at two AM, Goretzka." I called his last name as a sign of my annoyance.

I hear him laugh over there. "Could you get out? I was at the front of your house right now."

"Are you crazy?" I lowered my voice, didn't want to wake the entire home up because of the madness he created. "It's two AM."

"And I miss you." He said.

And I know I screwed up when he said those three little words. "Alright, alright."

----

Leon was there, outside the wooden fences smiled like an idiot. "What do you want?" I yawned. I really need to sleep right now.

"To see you." He said lightly.

"Oh, really? Cause it seemed like I didn't received any single text or phone call for the best four weeks of my life?" I sarcastically said.

He laughed. "I'm so sorry, training had been intense and after we headed home, I met Max at Berlin and we're enjoyed our time together, maybe we were little bit carried away."

"Yeah, you always forget about me whenever Max is around." I shrugged.

----

We sat on the grassy yard at the front of my house, just sat there staring at the starry skies talking about random things that crossed in each of our mind. Intertwine one with another, started from football, weather, foods, movies and any kind of stuff.

Tonight is quiet, just the sound of summer breeze that blows through leaves and branches. It felt strangely peace to just sat here and talking random things with Leon.

"So, how was Russia?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Yeah, it was fun."

"I heard Russian girls are cute, do you make a move?" I teased.

He chuckled. "No, how could I paid attention when coach told me to focus and trained harder."

My lips curled up. "You seemed doing alright so far since Tanya."

He scoffed, "yeah, to like someone, go on date and start a relationship again, I just feel it wasn't the right time to me right now."

I glanced to him. "Oh?"

He shrugged. "Don't know." He glanced at me till our eyes meet each other. "It just felt hard, getting to know anyone and tried to understand about them without knowing them for years."

I smiled. "You talked about me?"

He laughed then moved his seat until we'd face to face. "Hey, let's make a deal, if we never find anyone in the future, we should marry each other."

My eyes opened widely before burst into harder laugh to hear that crazy idea come from those head. "Is that even a deal? And you seriously want to make our fans-shipper something to talk to their grandchildren later."

"They're gonna be so happy." He laughed then winked, "worth to try, right?"

I breathed out, "there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Goretzka."

He smiled. "I just proposed you."

"Yeah, you did."