f o r t y f i v e

Start from the beginning

"Most definitely."

Alessio smiles, sitting on the couch. "I hope Micah arrives soon." I nod, taking a seat beside him. "I promise protection for yourself and this little beauty."

"I trust you."

"Micah doesn't."

Zara stretches her arms, looking at me. "He'll have to work around it, it'll be fine. Soon enough he'll trust you."

Sitting back next to Zara she stops wiggling, pulling her head onto my leg. "Whe Daddy?" She asks, looking at Alessio.

"Your Daddy is working."

"Oh," Zara nods. "Yep."

Alessio shakes his head, smiling. "Would you like a gift principessa? Your nonno can give you a teddy bear and some toys while you stay here."

Shaking my head I look at him, "she has enough plus everything Micah wishes to get her."

"She deserves all the gifts in the world, Rosalie. A very strong girl like her deserves all the big beads she wants."

"Books," I sigh, "be educational with them. In stead of just fun and games we can read and it's something she can do until she's up and running again."

"Books," Alessio nods.

"Thank you," I smile, "I really appreciate you being here and helping out- I know you took care of the bills."

Before Alessio can say anything the door bursts open. Micah walks through, instantly grabbing Zara's attention, "Daddy! Daddy!"

He smiles leaving over the bed to kiss her. She smiles, reaching up for him. Already, she is sick of laying down and staying still but she still does it.

"My princess," he sighs gently hugging her. "Can I lift your top baby? Daddy wants to see your scar."

"Ok," Zara nods. Micah gently pulls her into his lap, lifting the gown until he can see the stitches on her side. "My poor baby," he kisses her forehead. "My poor princess."

"Be careful," I look at Micah, "she isn't supposed to do too much while the stitches are in. They want her to sit for most of the time."

"Figured," Micah looks at me. "I want to hold her though."

"She'd love it," I whisper.

Micah diverts his attention to his father, "What are you still doing here?"

"It no-no," Zara smiles.

"Nonno?" Micah's jaw clenches. "Who taught you that word my princess?"

"Micah drop it," I glance at him. "Like you he deserves forgiveness."

Zara pulls her arms around Micah's neck, "Daddy, take me walk?"

Micah nods, cradling her in his arms, careful not to hit her stitches. "Rose, would you like to come?"

"Sure," I slid off the bed, pinching Zara's nose, leaning against Micah's back. "We can go past and pick up something to eat. Alessio, would you like anything?"

"No thank you, Rosalie. I will be heading off. I'll come past tomorrow."

"Goodbye," I smile, hugging him. "Thank you for staying."

"Take care," he looks at Micah. "You hate me enough to not let me say goodbye to my granddaughter?"

Micah's jaw clenches, "if we move her around to much we'll hurt her."

"I'm not an idiot, son."

"Zara, say goodbye," I cross my arms watching her.

"No-no," she waves, snuggling into Micah's arm.

"Bye bye," he smiles, ruffling her hair. She giggles, hiding in Micah's chest as best she can. "Now don't hurt yourself pretty girl. I want to hear good when I come by tomorrow."

The second Alessio walks out Micah glares at me. I roll my eyes sitting next to him, "you got the chance for Zara to call you dad. He gets the chance to be a grandfather to her."

"Two completely different things. Two completely different reasons why they weren't in her life."

"Micah stop," I whisper. "I know he hurt you and made you grow up in a way no child should ever- you could blame your mother for not stopping his violent ways."

"Whatever you say-"

"No," I hit his arm. "What if you left and came back years later and Zara hated you for leaving her, didn't forgive you for leaving her- how the hell would you like that?"

"I wouldn't," he looks down at me. "I wouldn't leave unless it was to keep you two safe and that's exactly what I did when I missed out on most of this girls life."

Pulling my arms around his neck I lean against his shoulder. "Please," I whisper. "Zara needs family."

"Do you realise that I can't do everything because you ask?"

"I know but you still do everything I ask and this is one thing I truly want you to do."

cause I love u guys
goodnight my loves xx