13

"Peas? Wot, yew now goin' ta cook fo' meh too?"

"It's for your eye smart one."

"Oh...well then."

He starts off the car and we drive off to the same middle of nowhere.

Our getaway.

Slowly, the lights from the city became smalller and smaller as we go into the freeway.

Leaving our responsibilities behind for the night.

I felt like I was 16 again.

When...

"Travis. Just take me far away. I can't stand it anymore."

"(Y/n), I can't just do that. Your parents, your siblings."

Those tears of innocence slowly slipped away. His face filled with sorrow.

"Okay (Y/n), just tonight."

"Oh Travis! You're a real sweetheart."

Our first kiss was under the stars after our getaway.

We looked at the sky that night. Quiet. Warm air. Laying onto the rooftop of his old beat up truck. It was all so great.

"The sky looks so nice. Don't you think?"

"Travis..."

"Hm?"

"What would it be like to be able to touch the sky? Or to just fly away?"

His long silence. When he heard those words slip out of my lips.

"I'm not sure...why are you thinking like that?"

"What's the point now? My dad doesn't like me at all. My mother is stressed. They argue a lot. No one is waiting for me. No one actually likes me."

"Hey. Don't bring yourself down."

I remember how he sits me up and looked at me with loving eyes. The same way he has for the past few years, yet this time, I seem to notice it.

"You are a strong girl. You don't deserve this kind of treatment anymore, so for now on, lean on me. Lean on me as a friend. Lean on me as a boyfriend."

Boyfriend. I remember how shock I was to hear that. I remembered how I sat there like a dumb person. Processing everything.

"Travis...why me?"

"Why you? You're an angel (Y/n). I choose you because I know you wouldn't get yourself into real trouble. I know that you wouldn't sell yourself out, even ending yourself. You matter to me ever since I said hi when I was 12 years old. I knew you would be mine someday."

The softness of his lips. They fall on me. Eventually bringing me into a new paradise. Into a new world I can call home, yet I did let myself down, selling myself, I'm in deep trouble because of two men. I stopped existing ever since he left. I'm not (Y/n) anymore.

I'm Saturn. An exotic dancer/cheater.

Tears. Slowly fall, and we stopped. The warmth of my hand was soon released. Slipping any memory of Travis out of my mind.

I wonder...

Do I regret my decision?

•••

Why would she cry?

She seemed so lifeless while sitting. Not moving at all. Letting tears fall.