Eternal Summer Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Jennsen was walking down the street, the sun had almost set, the street was abandoned and the wind was piercing cold, but she wasn’t worried about that; she was worried about the fact that Ryan was following her again.

He never gave up, he never stopped begging her to talk to him and to give him a chance, but she would never do that, because she was afraid of him and she knew what he was.

A faerie.

Ever since she turned thirteen she could see them, and since that day her mother had warnedher about how dangerous the Fae were and gave her rules involving them, but they didn’t help much when it came to Ryan.

Her heart raced as she realized that she was alone with Ryan and he could do anything to her now.

“Jennsen!” He called from behind her.

“Oh for goodness sake this has to stop.” She whispered to herself, then stopped and leaned against an old abandoned factory’s wall and waited.

He came closer and stopped right infront of her, only then for the first time did she noticed that his skin had a golden shimmer and his hair was like dancing flames; “Thank you for stopping.” He said with a warm smile.

She looked up into his honey colored eyes; “This has to stop.”

“I don’t understand what I’ve done to you to upset you,” he rested his hands on the wall on both sides of her, “Are you afraid of me?”

“Yes.” She swiftly replied.

“Why?” He leaned in closer to her and her heart started to race even more.

“Get away from me and leave me alone!” She yelled desperately.

“Why?”

“I don’t want you!”

“You don’t know me.” He insisted.

“Maybe not but I know what you are!” She pushed him away and as her hands made contact with his chest an electric surge went through her body, she gasped; “Just leave me the hell alone!” She yelled and ran away, but before she could get very far everything went dark…

She woke up on her coach with the sound of her mother yelling frantically at someone. She looked around to see who it was when her eyes grew wide and she stared in horror...

Ryan was in her house!

As he averted his eyes away from her mother he saw that she was awake and looked at her with apologetic eyes; “Jennsen I’m really sorry, I don’t know what happened.”

“Why, what did you do?” She asked alarmed.

Her mother pushed Ryan aside and rushed towards Jennsen to embrace her; “Oh my poor baby, come look in the mirror and see what that monster has done to you.”

When she saw her reflection her entire body went numb and she refused to believe that, that was her, though she looked similar to what she looked like before there were changes; her blue eyes were now purple, her skin had a purple shimmer and the change she hated the most, there were now a pair of purple butterfly wings on her back.

Finally she woke up from her horrible nightmare, unfortunately it wasn’t just a nightmare, but a memory of what happened almost a hundred years ago.

It was a memory of the day she became a faery, the very thing she feared, although no one could explain why it happened or why she had was able to wield the power all the three courts; Summer, Winter and Darkness. She never took the test with the royal gem and was thrown in to the world of faeries, where she had to depend on the very man who ruined her life.