xl. about us

R E A L  L I F E !

amelia had been pacing around her living room since caleb had texted her saying he was on his way, thinking of what she would say to him and how.

she wasn't often at a loss for words, and being this nervous wasn't a familiar feeling for her, either. especially around caleb. even when their relationship was a little rocky and it felt as if they were walking on thin ice, she wasn't ever nervous around him.

as she was- once again- going over what she would say to caleb, the door bell rang, causing her to suddenly stop and mentally prepare herself before going over to open the door.

"hey, lia." caleb smiles brightly at her while she hesitantly smiles back and opens the door wider, gesturing for him to come inside.

"by the way, why'd you want me to come over? not that i'm complaining, obviously. i'm just curious because you seemed kinda off while we were texting. maybe i was just imagining it, though." he rambles once he's inside and standing right across from amelia.

"everything's fine, don't worry, c. i just needed to talk to you face to face." amelia assures him.

"'face to face' yikes...am i trouble? i didn't break that statue in your backyard, i swear." caleb says, putting his hands up and raising his eyebrows.

"that's...not what i wanted to talk about. how'd you know about the statue anyway?" amelia eyes him suspiciously before saying, "never mind, that's not important right now. i actually wanted to talk about us."

"us? like, us us?" caleb questions.

"yes, like us us. i've been thinking about it recently, and i don't really think there's a reason why we shouldn't get back together. unless, that's not what you want of course."

"really? you wanna get back together? with me?"

"no, with gaten." amelia deadpans.

"amelia!" caleb exclaims, looking at her both exasperated and amused.

"i'm sorry! you just made it easy. also, can you maybe, like, you know, give me an actual answer? i'm kind of still at a loss."

"oh! sorry. of course i want to get back together with you. i've wanted to since we started getting closer again, but i knew we needed more time to rebuild our friendship instead of jumping right into a relationship again."

"well, you were right. it was better this way. besides, we have all the time in the world now that we live right next door to each other and not two thousand miles away." amelia smiles wide at caleb while he smiles back at her.

"yeah, you're right. i'm glad my parents forced me to move here."

"i meeeean," amelia says, dragging out the 'e', "i wouldn't say they "forced you to move here" maybe encouraged you to."

"i didn't know what was happening until it happened! i swear!"

"whatever you say, c. now, wanna go lay down and watch a bunch of movies until we pass out?" amelia asks caleb, already heading towards her room before he even answers.

"sounds perfect to me." he says, following her up the stairs.

"now, about that statue..."

"you know, actually. i think i have chores to do back home!"

"caleb!"