Luna stuck her hand out as Peter shuffled forward, a grin tugging at her lips. "Let's clean you up first, then you can kiss me." He flushed, a sheepish smile on his lips as he nodded. Luna snickered as he awkwardly stood by her window, waiting for further instructions as she wandered around her room.

Now she finally understood why it was a natural instinct to steal a boyfriend's clothes. For situations just like the one taking place.

After a moment, she turned to Peter, tossing him an outfit. "Go to the bathroom."

"Is this my–"

"Yes," she mumbled, plopping herself back down on her bed. "And don't think because I'm giving you those that you're taking back the others."

"Others?"

"Peter," she huffed, making him mockingly raise his hands in surrender. Shuffling out of her room, she waited to hear the click of the door before letting out a sigh. Her relaxed state only lasted five seconds before Andrew was poking his head into her room, his eyebrows furrowed.

"When did Peter get here?"

Luna's eyes widened. "Uh... right now."

"I didn't see him come in?" Slowly, Andrew's gaze shifted to the open window, a sharp gasp leaving his lips. "You didn't–Luna!"

"Don't tell Mom," she rushed out, scrambling to shut her window. "She'll kill me if she knew I sneak Peter in here."

"You sneak–You've done this more than once?"

Almost everyday since June, actually. "Yes," she admitted bashfully, teeth latching onto her bottom lip. "Please don't tell her, she'll kill me. Then Peter."

Andrew hesitated, before nodding. "Fine. But you owe me one." His head snapped back as the bathroom door opened, Peter freezing in place. "Hands to yourself, Porky Pig," he warned, before leaving the two.

Flustered, Peter rushed back into Luna's room, dumping his costume on the floor before throwing himself down on her bed. "Your brother scares me," he muttered.

        Luna let out a snort. "Really? If anything, Diana is more–" She never got the chance to finish her sentence as lips were placed on her own, instantly silencing her. She inhaled sharply as her hands went up to hold Peter's face, assuring he wasn't pulling away anytime soon.

It's been too long. Too long since Luna was able to run her fingers through his hair, a smile threatening to spread across her lips as they locked lips. She could feel the familiar warmth spreading throughout her, and without thinking, she let out a small laugh. Peter pulled back, instantly joining her laughter.

"You said I could kiss you when I got cleaned up," he reminded, pressing another kiss to the girl's nose before rolling off of her.

"And you sure delivered," she teased, a blush dusting over his cheeks. Her eyes eventually trailed away from Peter and to the movie still playing, Troy Bolton stepping onto a stage looking clueless. Luna shot up as an idea presented herself, making the girl grab onto her boyfriend's hand. "C'mon."

Hesitantly, Peter allowed her to lead him away from her bed and to the center of her room. Eventually, he was stood directly in front of the girl, eyebrows pulled together in confusion. He watched as a smile spread across her lips, her hands leading his own to rest on her hips, her own looping around his neck.

"I was kinda looking forward to awkwardly slow dancing with you tonight," she admitted, her head lowering to rest on his chest. "I want at least one thing about tonight to go well for me."

Peter's lips quirked up into a smile of his own, his head lowering to rest his chin atop of her head. A moment passed, the two swaying to the melodic voices of Troy and Gabriella singing Everyday.

"Luna." She hummed. "What do you mean by one thing about tonight going well for you?"

Luna lifted her head from his chest, fingers fiddling with the collar of Peter's t-shirt. "Danielle got arrested tonight." Peter's breathe hitched. "Michelle saw pictures in her locker and when we opened it, she had over a hundred photos of me, even some of Mia, Liz and you. And when she found out I found them she.... she choked me." Her eyes widened when she saw Peter's horrified expression. "But I protected myself, don't worry!"

"What's gonna happen to her?" he mumbled, hand moving up to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"She's 18, so my mom is scheduling a court date as we speak," Luna sighed, leaning into Peter's touch.

Peter offered a sad smile. "I know you wished things turned out differently," Luna's eyes fluttered shut as his thumb rubbed her cheek, "but maybe this is what Danielle needed. A wake up call to make her realize she's in the wrong." Luna barely nodded, head dropping to look at her own feet. "Hey." She raised her head once more, a smile tugging at Peter's lips. "Wanna braid my hair again? I know that always cheers you up."

Luna couldn't stop herself from smiling, not when Peter was across from her, a wide smile resting on his lips as he mockingly twirled at his curly locks. "You're a dork," she muttered, taking his hand to lead him back over to her bed. "Try not to whine so much this time."

"No promises."

— • —

I need to stop updating this book so frequently YEET

I wonder if Luna and Peter know in an alternate universe they're married with four kids

I bet they feel it, like one day Luna has a dream about it and she tells Peter and he's like ? and she's like yeah it was weird and he's like the weirdest part is that the army kid is my best friend, not the kids part and he doesn't even realize that he just said he could see himself marrying luna and uGh i love them