"Go for it. Send my mom up while you're down there, please?"

      Shooting the girl finger guns, Luna made her way out of the room, cringing when the conversation downstairs fell silent at the sound of her heels. Slowly, she descended from the stairs, a bashful smile resting on her lips when all four pairs of eyes settled on her.

      "Oh, Luna," Liz's mom rushed forward, hands resting on her chest. "You look amazing."

      Luna blushed. "Thank you." She pointed back to the stairs. "I think Liz needed your help upstairs."

       Nodding, Liz's mom disappeared up the stairs, allowing Liz Barns to step forward. She wore a large grin, Luna's instantly matching hers as the two girls hugged. "I saw you walking in here, Bambi," Luna teased, letting out a laugh when Liz hit her arm.

      "Yeah, Parker proved to be a good help with that," Liz acknowledged, Luna finally turning her attention to her boyfriend. She'd expected that he'd be looking at her with his usual cute smile, one that he specially reserved for Luna. Or even wear that same in awe look he had when she told him she loved him in front of the monument. Or at least be looking at her, full stop. But his gaze was settled elsewhere, shoulders tensed up as his gaze didn't dare slip away.

       Liz must have noticed the way Luna visibly deflated, as she dramatically cleared her throat, the sound loud enough to direct all attention to her. She narrowed her eyes when Peter met her eyes, a forced smile making it's way onto her face. "Peter, doesn't Luna look amazing?"

       Peter snapped out of whatever daze he was in when his gaze shifted over to Luna, features immediately softening at the sight of her. She was biting the inside of her cheek when they locked eyes, making her look much younger than intended. Her hands were interlocked in front of her, the girl rocking slightly, waiting for a reaction of some sort. Peter opened his mouth before quickly shutting it, finding himself at a loss for words. He swallowed harshly when one side of Luna's mouth twitched up, a sign that she could already make out the thoughts going through his head.

      Liz looked between the two with her eyebrows raised, confused as to why a smile was slowly spreading across Luna's lips, while Peter's cheeks were turning red. She didn't have much time to dwell on it as the clicking of heels sounded again, followed by a "wow" from Mr.Toomes. All eyes were directed behind them, Luna's smile completely on display now as she took in the reaction of her best friend to her date.

      While Liz complimented Liz, Luna made her way over to Peter, his shoulders tensed up once more. She placed her hand on his shoulder, instantly snapping him out of his daze, eyes wide. A frown tugged at her lips as she leaned in closer, whispering, "What's going on?"

      Peter opened his mouth, prepared to explain his findings to the girl, but was cut off as the group as ordered to gather around for a photo. Once again, he tensed up, tearing his eyes away from Luna to look back at Mr.Toomes. She let out a huff of disappointment before shifting closer to Liz, tugging Peter along with her. Her smile instantly disappeared as the camera was lowered, her attention brought back to Peter.

      She tugged at his arm, holding him back walking out alongside Liz and Liz. She shot him a pointed look, hooking arms with him, walking unnecessarily slow behind the group. "Act like you're putting on my corsage when we get outside," she spoke between her teeth, Peter subtly nodding to her request. The moment they were a good amount of space behind the others, Luna turned to Peter, tugging the box out of his hand. "What's going on?" she whispered harshly, keeping her head down as she opened the box.

       Peter was quick to take the corsage from the package, ducking his head down as well. "Liz's dad," he whispered back, Luna's eyebrows furrowing, "it's him."