-two-

FOR SOME REASON, PRIMROSE WAS IN THE CAR AGAIN

FOR SOME REASON, PRIMROSE WAS IN THE CAR AGAIN. Head pressed against the cold window, feet curled up under her and fingers tapping along to the ringing sound, which she couldn't quite identify with any song she knew. Maybe it was because her parents were conversing so loudly that any words were drained out, or it was because the radio was never turned on in the first place and the ringing came and stayed in her ears only.

Either way, Primrose had gotten used to the sound over the last few days. Nine days to be precise, nine shakily drawn lines on her Titanic calendar helped her remember that.

"Do you seriously think that an hour away from our last hotel is enough? Turn bloody left, Harry, and stop being stupid." she heard her mother say, followed by further arguing over which turns to take.

And then it all came flooding back, they're not going back home anymore. Their last stop had been the outskirts of Cardiff and now they're back to traveling, as far as their car would allow them, through Wales. Dean's family is doing the same. He wrote so to her in a letter, along with a long rant about his anger and frustration towards the running they had to do and his hopes that she's handling her sadness well.

But Prim doesn't feel sad, then again she doesn't feel much of anything these days. She slightly misses that ability, almost to the point of burning tears making their way from the back of her eyeball.

"Prim, baby, we'll be passing a post office in, like, ten minutes. Do you want to scribble a quick letter that we can send off to your friends?"

I have an owl, she wanted to remind, but instead of actually talking back to her dad she shook her head no and quickly positioned it back onto the car window. It was then that she realised that her hands were tightly wrapped around her stomach. Was it hurting her? She couldn't tell. A stop at the doctors would do her good, but then again you never know if friendly Doctor Cooper isn't just someone from the Muggle-Born Registration Commission ready to arrest her when she's most vulnerable.

Wanting a distraction from noticing other things, Primrose pulled out the newest, scrunched up, letter she has received from her best friend and traced her tapping finger along the smudged ink.

Dear Prim,
School isn't that bad, so stop worrying! We're all fine here. Missing you and Dean (mostly you) like hell, but otherwise fine! I don't know what the others wrote to scare you, but don't believe any of it, love. There's no cruel detentions nor punishments, just two really mean teachers who set all us 'rebels' a shit ton of essays for homework. It would take way more than two cunts to stop the D.A, you know that.
Missing you like crazy, Ginny.