-one-

PRIM'S MOTHER HAD AN ANNOYING HABIT OF BURSTING INTO HER ROOM WITHOUT KNOCKING

PRIM'S MOTHER HAD AN ANNOYING HABIT OF BURSTING INTO HER ROOM WITHOUT KNOCKING. It was something the young girl usually adored about her mum, how even the simplest of actions resembled the bluntness of her personality. It was also something that she dearly missed when away at Hogwarts. Yet for some reason, her current visit home felt just as foreign as the terms she spent at the boarding school.

The morning after her return home, Primrose was shaken out of her haunting thoughts by knocking at her door. Assuming that the noise was her mother's way of trying to connect with her, the girl didn't answer. In return, the door didn't open, and the sound of heels clicking down the stairs replaced the gentle knocks.

Primrose sighed and threw her head back onto the pillow, feeling the tightening in her chest return and the bliss of unconscious staring into space fading away. She rose back up seconds after, reaching across her bed to touch her numb feet down on the cold floor. Equally craving a sensation of some sorts, her hands reached up to busy themselves with the cross pendant hanging around her neck.

Once her head was somewhat clear and her limbs were filled with pins and needles, she stood up. Instead of her bed she now sat on the desk chair, that she spent most of the night sitting on. A cool breeze danced in through her open window and swept the doodle-covered letter she spent her night worrying over swiftly onto the floor.

Dear Prim,
I miss you already. School is pretty shit so far, so there's nothing new there. Snape is headmaster and still doesn't earn enough money to buy shampoo. Did you laugh? I hope you did. I'm happy that one of us is safe.
Love, Ginny.

Not allowing more wetness to splurge from her brow eyes, she looked over at the digital clock that stood shakily beside her bed and decided that nine a.m. was an appropriate time to respond to a letter.

So with another sheet of white paper in front of her, and the same Barbie pen in her hand, she began writing back to her best friend.

Dear Ginny,
I miss you too. Please try to put your head down and stay safe, or at least pretend to do so for the sake of my conscience. If I get a letter from anyone telling me that you're hurt I'll probably end up ripping my hair out with worry, write to me as soon as you can.
(P.S. I did laugh)
Love, Prim.