The Trial

Hermione paced nervously around the room. "They can't expel him! It's self defense."

"He'll be fine." Cedric tried to assure her.

"These people. Ohh if I could wrap my hands around the Minister's throat. He first calls Harry a disturbed child that's trying to seek attention. Why would Harry want to tell the Wizardging world that the man who killed his parents is back? Unless it's the truth! Is there any logic to that?"

"Hermione." George said.

"What?" Hermione all but growled.

"Breathe." Fred said.

"I am!"

"Relax then." The two said simultaneously.

"I can't!"

"Ugh woman." The two grunted then the two dissapparated.

"They did not just say that."

"Yes they did love. But come on Meems. Harry's strong. Relax a little, it's not going to help him if you worry so much." He pulled her into his lap.

"We're still here." Ron growled.

"Oh be quiet." Ginny hushed her brother who unlike him was looking at the scene fondly. Both envying and being happy for the two of them. It was his fault anyway that he didn't notice Hermione until the hottest, smartest, nicest, most popular (even among the paintings) started to pursue her. Ginny sighed. Her bother could be such an idiot sometimes.

"Ginny dear, I need you to…" Mrs. Weasley's voice trailed off.

"Coming Mum!" Ginny hollered down. "I gotta go guys."

"Bye Gin." Hermione said as she detached herself from Cedric, feeling much calmer now.

"See you at dinner." Cedric smiled at her.

-------------

Hermione sat on one side of the bed with Cedric on the other. Ron was lying on the other bed, a little less surly than before but not by much.

Hermione sat up when she heard what sounded like footsteps approaching.

"You're at the door on the right. I'll call you when it's over." Mrs. Weasley's voice was barely heard.

Hermione got up and walked to the door. The door slowly opened.

Hermione gave a small gasp when she saw familiar unruly black locks. Then she flung herself on her best friend. Almost crushing him with her hug.

-----------

Cedric watched as the three interacted. He was hidden behind both Hermione and Ron so Harry couldn't see him but he could see Harry. He couldn't help but notice that Harry was really skinny. Almost unhealthily skinny. And he seemed a little more pale than usual. Cedric watched as Harry's face became withdrawn and a flash of anger entered his eyes. Cedric stood up knowing it was time his presence was known. Before the younger wizard blew up at his two best friends.

"Harry." Cedric said.

Harry looked beyond his two friends and saw Cedric. He blinked.

"It's not their fault Harry," Cedric came to stand behind his girlfriend whom looked to be just about ready to cry. He lightly wrapped his arm on her hip. "They were sworn not to tell you at all cost."

Harry sat down on the floor and closed his eyes. "I know…"

"Can you two leave us? I think Harry and I need to talk one on one for a bit." Cedric said.