Fourteen

Fourteen;

❀❁❀❁❀❁❀❁❀❁❀❁❀❁

The Winter's frost bit at my nose, the wind making my cheeks go pink. My scarf fluttered out behind me. I supposed the children playing on the ice would be laughing, screaming with joy. I just couldn't hear them, so I wasn't quite sure.  

I was making my way towards Josephine's house, following her instructions, my sheet music tucked under my jacket. She had taken to giving me lessons, as she was patient and understood how I found it hard to learn because I couldn't hear anything. She was a  surprisingly good teacher.

I was feeling happy, well, happier than I had been in a long time.

But all of that was to change, as soon as I saw him inside her house; as soon as I saw him sitting at the piano with her, kissing her cheek, smiling in the candle light.

She was in love, and I was no longer her main concern.

She had forgotten about me, about my private lessons, about the fact she made me smile.

How could she have forgotten something so important?

Well, unless it wasn't important to her anymore, especially as she now had a boyfriend and he was obviously way more important than me learning something that was so evilly snatched away from me years ago.

But what broke my heart more than the fact she had found love before I could have a chance to express mine, was the fact Josephine had been the one who made me want to pick up my music once more.

And now she was the reason why I wanted to put it back in the dusty old folder under the piano, for that was where it truly belonged.