Chapter FIVE ● edited●

Magsimula sa umpisa

"'Course I do" he protested immediately.

I shot him a glance but he just chuckled. "Anyway, where is your brother?" he changed the topic.

"He didn't tell you? Well, I'm not quite sure if I got that right from how strange he behave this morning" I rolled my eyes at the thought. "Somehow, David thinks that being not allowed to join the football training gives him the permission to skip the whole school day"

I grimaced at the thought that David and Jocy were now enjoying the day somewhere swimming and having fun while I had to go to school. Although I still didn't get where the well they went swimming during such weather. It was simply too cold.

Hunter just nodded "Yeah, maybe he needs that to cool off a little. A cold shower won't harm him"

Huffing I enlightened my brother by choice into yesterday night's events. "A little? David almost threw me out of his room yesterday just because I mentioned this new player. I really don't know why it's such a big deal that he plays on David's position" I mumbled.

"Well, it's not like I can't understand him. First you must know, the thing is that usually new students or especially freshmen are not allowed to get a fixed position. Sure the guy's good, but that's kind of a... tradition" Hunter starts to explain.

"But that Doncaster guy isn't a freshman, is he?" I came to the conclusion yesterday. Everything my friends told me made not much sense. It felt as if everyone was talking about a different person. But if I was right, and the boy I was yesterday was the team's newest member, then he definitely was no freshmen. Not a chance.

"No. He's not but there are a lot players who are waiting for years to get a fix position on the team. And suddenly this dude appears and the Coach is all fire and flames. He didn't even consider giving anyone other David's position. He just breaks the tradition and all the other have to keep waiting to get another chance? That's not fair. And for David it's even harder because it was his position"

I never thought there were any traditions or rules about who is allowed to have a fixed position. I always thought the whole thing was about skills, which would make much more sense.

"You should get to class, I don't want to be the reason you're late again" Hunter interrupted my thoughts and waved before he headed to his own class. Closing my locker I sighed. All of this made my head hurt.

It wasn't long until Madi joined me. "So, you and Hunter" she purred in my ear from behind.

I rolled my eyes as I faced her "We're just friends and you know that" She did know but still liked to tease me for whatever reason.

"I know what?" she walked a little faster to keep up with me.

"He's like a brother to me, Mads"

"A sexy brother" she grinned mischievously and I couldn't help but laugh.

"A very sexy brother. Are you happy now?" I turned to her and chuckled when I saw her big smile. Seriously, you won't find a second Madison Thompson anywhere in this world.

"Very happy. But I can promise you when you've seen that Doncaster - hottie you'll get to know a completely new universe of sexiness."

He wasn't here today.

That was the first thing I noticed as I studied the classroom. Every chair was occupied by a disinterested student, either eating, playing on their phone, chattering or sleeping on the desk. Every single chair was taking except mine and the one next to the window, in the last row.