Chapter THREE ●edited●

Please vote and comment if you liked it!

Above, there's a pic of David

˙·٠•● ●•٠·˙˙·٠•● ●•٠·˙˙·٠•● ●•٠·˙˙·٠•● ●•٠·˙˙·٠•● ●•٠·˙˙·٠•● ●•٠·˙˙·٠•● ●•٠·˙

Haley

How is it even possible to judge one and the same person in such different ways? That people decide so unfoundedly if they hate or love someone, from a behavior that never changes. Cause in the end, it's still the same person.

My face was buried in my hands.

I had been there for nearly an hour by then and it felt like the time stood still because it just wouldn't pass. Every moment between every click that the clock-hand made, felt like eternity. It only mot me more impatient and it was incredible hard to sit still on my chair when my nerves were lying bare.

My work, I had already done and I was left here with nothing more than my worries for David.

While I was sitting here on my own, the Coach was picking his team. My brother was nervous as hell and I wasn't able to support him. Sure he had his girlfriend and teammates, but a twin sister was something completely different.

David and I have always been best friends and if there was anything I couldn't talk about with Jocy or Madi or even my parents. He has been the one sitting on my bed, listening to me while I opened my heart. And even when he didn't know what to do he has always supported and assisted me and never judged me for anything. As overprotective as he was, I also loved him for it. And I know that's never going to change because we're family and family sticks together.

I love him and I know he loves me just as much, but in moments like that I couldn't help but feel like I let him down. And I don't know how to make that up to him.

Yeah, maybe it's only a football game but nevertheless it's important to him, and just because of my own foolishness I wasn't able to be at the football field with him.

I knew he's not mad at me or disappointed because I was not watching the training but that only made me feel even worse. That thoughts never left my mind.

I was nervous because I didn't have any information if David got his position back or not. Since my phone was taken away before detention I didn't even have the possibility of asking on of the girls about how it was going.

And the more time passed, the more I worried. Somehow I just couldn't shake the feeling that things didn't exactly go the way planned...

David was an amazing footballer and before his injury he was obviously the star of the whole team. He scored every goal and if once he had the ball no one could stop him. But after the last game he had a hard time getting back to the player he once had been.

I knew his knee was still hurting. I saw the pain in his face when he allowed himself to show it whenever he thought no one was watching. But he won't ever admit it because he, one the one hand, is way too proud and on the other hand he is also afraid our parents, or much more Coach Carter, would forbid him to play until his injury is fully healed.

David was so stubborn and thick headed sometimes.

I am sure, he was aware of me knowing his secret but he never brought it up. I could have told my parents but why should I have done that? He loves this game. To him it wasn't only because of the glory – which certainly was a perk too – but he truly liked what he did.