Chapter one

"Kit...Kit wake up." George and Fred crawled into bed with me as I opened one eye. "Well good morning little sister." Fred smiled at me and I hit him with a pillow. I shared a room with Ginny who was apparently already up and gone. I shoved the two older boys off the bed and sat up. I moved my wavy blonde hair out of my blue eyes. I jumped off the bed and on to George's back as he stood up.

"Oof." He chuckled a bit and ran down the stairs with me on his back, Fred close in pursuit. I screamed and laughed as we entered the kitchen where Ron, Ginny, Mom, and Percy were sitting at the table. "George put your sister down this instant!" Mom yelled. He placed me down on the floor and the three of us sat at the table.

We made faces at each other over our bowls of cereal. Thump. "Oh Errol." Percy groaned and picked up our owl. "Oh It's our Hogwarts letters." He smiled. "Lookie here Kit, yours came too."

    I grinned as Percy tossed me my letter. "What about me!" Ron whined, "Oh yeah, yours is here too Ron." He said dully. "Bloody arse." Ron muttered as he took his letter from Percy. "Oh don't be difficult Ron, we all know Kit's my favorite." I grinned at him. "Mine too!" a familiar voice. "and me!"

    I looked at the door as Bill and Charlie entered. Bill picked me up and hugged me. I hugged back and then it dawned on me, "Wait a minute? Why are you two here?" Charlie chuckled, "We couldn't miss our little sisters first time leaving for Hogwarts." I smiled.

"Charlie and I also got you something as a gift for saving us over the summer." I nodded, "That wizard was nasty." Charlie grinned. "But since the incident gave you your magic. you don't even need a wand." I smiled, Voldemort's attack had given me the ability to do wandless magic at will.

     "Well?" I asked "what is it." The boys grinned at each other and from behind his back, Charlie pulled a Puppy. It was a Saint Bernard. "But Charl, you know we can't bring dogs." He grinned even bigger.

     "We talked to Dumbledore a bit and he said he'll let you have it as a 'Therapy dog'." I laughed as he made quotations. "Where are you guys sleeping?"

    "With you and Gin of course!" I laughed and Ginny groaned. Mom smiled and kissed the two boys on the cheek. "Okay now The three of you need to eat. We're going to Diagon Alley for our supplies today." I smiled as Ginny made a face into her bowl of cereal. "Don't worry Gin, you'll get to go soon enough." She smiled.

"So what are you naming the puppy?" Fred asked gesturing to the little ball of fur in my lap. "Hmm." I tapped my chin. "How about Aspen?"

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. "Hello Weasleys!" Dad walked through the door. "Oh Bill, Charlie! I didn't know you were coming home!"

Bill grinned "we wanted to give Kit her 'therapy dog' and we wanted to see her and Ron off to Hogwarts." Ron scrunched up his face. "Liar" The twins laughed at Ron's bitterness.

After I ate I went upstairs to get changed. I put on a pale blue shirt, a pair of jeans, and the dragon hide boots Bill had gotten me for Christmas last year.

After I finished I ran downstairs and met the rest of the family. "You go first Kit." I nodded and stepped forward, taking a hand full of floo powder.

"Diagon Alley!" I began to spin. As I watched the green flames spin by I was spit out in Diagon Alley inside Flourish and Blotts. I stepped aside as Bill came whirling out, followed by Charlie, Percy, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, mom, and dad.

Once everyone was in the shop we headed out. "Ron? Kit?" I turned around and so did Ron. "Yeees?" We replied in unison. "Which of you wants Bill's old wand?" I looked at Ron and he shrugged. "I'll take it. I mean I already have to have Charlie's robes since they don't fit Kit."

I smile and hugged him, whispering "Thanks Ron." He smiled. "No problem."

We got all of our books and supplies, then it was time to get my wand. We walked into the store. "Ah, Miss. Potter." I screamed as the eerie voice made me jump. Without thinking I made a chair jump up and fly towards the voice.

"Yikes! Sorry to frighten you my dear." Mr.Ollivander emerged just to the right from where the chair had been thrown to. "But that was extordinary!" His eyes searched my face until he found the lightning shaped scar on my cheek.

"T-thanks." Just then I was plowed over by the twins. "KIT!" I laughed "GEORGE!" I yelled back as he landed on me, followed by Fred on top. "Are you okay!" Fred asked frantically from the top.

"Yes Freddie I'm fine." The boys sighed and got off me, George helping me up. I walked over to Mr. Ollivander.

"I remember when you mother and father got their first wand. Your brothers already been here today." I smiled, suddenly intrigued. "My brother?" He nodded.

"Well, lets get to it then." He disappeared and then reappeared with a wand. "Applewood, unicorn hair, ten inches, slightly springy." He handed me it and I waved it. An ink pot exploded sending ink flying across the walls.

"Oops. I'm sorry." I quickly placed the wand on the desk and with a wave of my hand fixed the ink pot and cleaned the ink from the walls. He handed me another wand.

"Hawthorn, Dragon heartstring, nine inches, flexible." He handed it to me and I waved it. A plant caught fire, which Bill, who I hadn't noticed come in, quickly put it out. I put the wand down.

"No worries, your mother was the same. Oak, unicorn hair, twelve inches, stiff." I waved it and the chair Fred was sitting in flew out from underneath him. "Sorry Freddie." I placed the wand down gently.

"I have a good feeling about this one. Elm, Phoenix feather, eleven inches, pliable." I picked it up and felt immediate warmth through my arm. Mr. Ollivander smiled. "That's the one." He boxed, wrapped it, and I payed and left.

   We walked through the alley, getting stuff we needed for school. That's when I noticed the people staring.

      They would look at me and whisper. I caught a few words of it. "It's Kit Potter." "The girl who lived." "Is it true she can do wandless magic?"

   I was getting nervous and Placed myself between Bill and George. Bill pulled me closer to him as people began to move closer to us.

      Charlie was getting riled up with all the people moving in on us. I was starting to get worried, I hated being asked questions about my early life.

    My mom tapped Bill and Charlie  on the shoulder. "Take Kit back home, I'll finish shopping with everyone else. The two boys nodded.

  They took either hand and we apparated back to the burrow.  I was clinging to Bill for support when we hit the ground. I always hated doing that.

       I let go of Bill and sat down at the kitchen table. "Stupid people. She's not something to gawk at!" Charlie was furious. I had anxiety from a very young age. So whenever I was being closed in on I got nervous.

      Bill got ahold of Charlie's shoulders and turned him so they were facing each other. Before I could process it, Charlie punched Bill in the jaw and they started fighting.

    "Stop it!" I yelled, neither of them listened. "Boys!" Still nothing. "I SAID STOP IT!" I sent them sprawling on opposite sides of the room.

      "We can't do that!" I yelled. "You guys are my protectors and my safe place." My voice quivered. "And I don't need you guys trying to kill each other."

    Bill got up and sighed, walking over and enveloping me in a hug. Charlie soon joined and I held tight to both of them.