The Black Suits

The rain pelted down. I focused on various raindrops race down the window to the ledge. Once they had reached the window ledge I peered out the window into the schoolyard. Majority of it was flooded due to the seasonal rains we've had the past couple of weeks. I hated the rain.

"Yuck" I muttered and sank down in my chair. I grabbed one of my pencils from my transformers pencil case and started twirling it around between my fingers.

"Lex, you're going to get into trouble for not paying attention", Rupert, my best friend whispered while nudging my arm.

"Shhh" I told him, concentrating on the pencil.

I looked back out the window. Two black SUV's were pulling into the school carpark, on the sides wrote, "Don't be afraid, we won't BITE".

"Oh shit", I said, a little louder than intended. I fidgeted in my chair then looked around.

"ALEXIA FISHER, DID YOU JUST SAY WHAT I THINK YOU SAID?" my English teacher, Mrs Forstan asked.

I looked at her, she didn't look happy at all. I usually interrupt most of her English lesson and she said next time I did it, there would be serious consequences (consequences being detention, and trust me, you wouldn't want a detention with Mrs Forstan.)

"Uh, no miss, I...I said 'oh my clip' because...my uh.. hairclip fell out" I told her.

I looked back outside. There were men, BIG men, getting out of the van. They wore black suits and black sunglasses. The only skin that was exposed was their face, and that was paler than you could possibly imagine.

"Rupert, we have to leave. NOW!" I told him as quietly as I could, nudging him but he was frozen and staring out the window. He was looking at the black vans and the men heading towards the front entrance of the school.

"Rupert!" I said, now shaking him. He didn't move. He was too terrified.

"uh, Mrs Forstan" I said raising my hand, "May I please go to the bathroom, it'll only be quick".

"Fine" she said, rolling her eyes.

I picked up my black backpack which was near the door and held that to my stomach so Mrs Forstan didn't see.

I raced to the nearest girls toilet which were fifty meters down the corridor. Just as I reached the door I turned my head back down in the direction I ran from. Turning around the corner at the very end of the corridor I just ran down, were six of the men I'd seen earlier. They were heading straight in the direction of my English classroom. I ducked into the toilets, the stench smacking me in the face. I leant against the door as I pulled it close. Breathing in, reality sunk in and I knew I had to act quick. I ran into one of the cubicles when I thought I heard someone coming.

"Okay, right. Step one- new appearance" I said to myself.

I unzipped my backpack and pulled out a long brown haired wig. It looked natural enough. I set that on the back of the toilet. Next I pulled out new clothes - a pink baby tee and a black mini-skirt and some brown gladiators. I set those next to the wig. I then pulled out my leg strap along with my Colt 45 loaded with silver bullets. I reached in and grabbed the wooden stake I had made a few months ago and hadn't had the chance to use yet. I set those on top of the wig.

I slid off my khaki pants, reaching into the pockets I pulled out my silver bracelet and necklace I always keep in there for safety. I yanked off my white Led Zeppelin t-shirt I was wearing and folded those into the bag. I then pulled off my Brown converse not even bothering to untie them. Standing half naked in the girls toilets was somewhere I didn't picture myself being. Sliding on my leg strap I slid the gun into it and made sure it didn't slip out. I pulled up the miniskirt, making sure it was covering the gun and then pulled the baby -t over my head making sure some cleavage was showing. I quickly threw on my shoes and combed through my untamed blonde hair with my fingers then tied it up into a bun, securing the lose strands with bobby pins. I slipped the wig over my head and made sure it was on correctly.

"What're you doing in there?" a strange, young female voice asked.

"Uh, nothing. Mind your own business" I told her.

My heart was beating a mile a minute, it felt as though it were going to burst through my shirt.

I grabbed the stake off from behind the toilets and clutched it in my hand, holding it in the air ready to strike. I slipped the bag over one shoulder and reached for the lock on the door.

Slowly I turned it and opened the cubicle door.