-I think we're good." Taehyung says, exchanging a meaningful gaze with his husband.

"You've done a great job," The woman sends them a warm smile, "Don't take it badly, but I truly hope I'll never see you again..." She adds, making them laugh.

"With a bit of luck, we'll be fine." Jungkook assures, the counsellor nodding.

"Oh, I'll think you'll be."

Jungkook feels immensely relieved when they get out of the counsellor's office, thinking that they made it. The fact they don't need someone else's help anymore and that they managed to fix their problems is pretty gratifying.

"You sure you don't want to take the subway, right?" Taehyung asks as they walk closer to their car, sending a concerned gaze to his husband. Jungkook indeed managed to partly overcome his fear of cars, as he can now go for small rides. He still can't drive himself though, too afraid he would make a mistake out of fear that would lead to another accident. But it's already a great step, and Jungkook is positive he will keep improving.

He nods, opening the car door with a wink to his husband.

----

Minhyuk welcomes them to his mother's house a few days later, and Taehyung is delighted to see he has gained some weight, the man bursting with liveliness almost as much as in their high school days. Not to mention that the shadows under his eyes have disappeared, as well as those that littered his body not so long ago.

After Minhyuk ran away from his former house and spent a few days in a hotel room, Taehyung had helped him getting back most of his personal belongings when his husband wasn't at home. Then, Minhyuk had settled at his mother's, to whom he had revealed the whole story. The woman became a great support, and Minhyuk feels guilty not to have told her the truth earlier.

It will be hard to live alone again after so many years under the influence of his husband, Minhyuk knows it. But he feels ready to have a place of his own, a little flat that is not so far away from Taehyung and Jungkook's new house. After discharging all of the boxes, an activity that makes Taehyung whine more than ever under Jungkook's amused gaze, they all spend the evening together, talking until the early hours of the day.

Minhyuk soon ends up taking the empty spot on the couch in Jimin and Hoseok's apartment, becoming a regular at their movie nights.

Finally, it's time for Jungkook and Taehyung to settle in their new home. It's not a huge place, far from it, but it's spacious enough for the two of them and all the new memories that will soon cling to every corner of the house. Jimin provides them with a great one by falling in the middle of the living room, tripping on his own feet, which has the five of them laughing until tears roll down their cheeks.

The garden is Taehyung's favourite place. He loves the calmness that reigns there, only troubled by the drone of bees and the chirping of birds. A hammock quickly finds its way there, the brown-haired male loving to lie in there at night to watch stars. Jungkook likes to join him in there as well, for more carnal reasons though, but Taehyung isn't going to complain: not everyone can reach their climax while literally having stars dancing in their vision.

Today is one of these peaceful nights, when Jungkook has fallen asleep next to him after Taehyung gave him the handjob of his life. The hammock is slowly rocking them, and the air is still balmy even though it's past midnight. Sunny days are coming, Taehyung tells himself with a smile.

Jungkook shifts next to him after a while, gradually waking up.

"What time is it?" He croaks, his sleepy voice making the brown-haired male chuckle lightly. Lifting his hand, he eyes his watch, squinting to distinguish the hands as the moon is the only light source in the vicinity.

"Ten to one." He replies, patting Jungkook's shoulder gently. "Happy birthday, Baby." He feels the raven-haired male grin into his neck, Jungkook's embrace tightening around him.

"Thanks," He replies, "I had almost forgotten. Where is my present?

-Later, you impatient boy.

-Let me guess, is it a trip for two to Jeju island?" He asks, making Taehyung roll his eyes with a hint of a smile on his lips. Of course it is: Jungkook himself asked for it and hasn't stopped talking about it since.

"I don't see what you're talking about." He hears Jungkook making an excited noise, so that he can't help but snort in amusement. His husband is seriously starting to look like a child on Christmas Eve.

"Do you remember my last birthday?" The raven-haired male asks after a few minutes spent in a comfortable silence. Having thought he had fallen back asleep, Taehyung raises his eyebrows in surprise, memories from last year coming back to him.

"We weren't a pretty sight.

-That's the least you can say..." They remain in their thoughts for a minute, before a question pops in Taehyung's mind.

"What do you think made us remain together while so many couples divorce?" Jungkook emits a little hum, thinking for a few seconds.

"I don't know, Tae. I think a lot of things played an important role... We started communicate more, and we stopped seeing ourselves as victims every time we had a conflict. I learnt to deal with my anger whenever we fought, and to trust you again. You learned to stay true to your words, and to be more honest with yourself and with me. Well, we still have a lot to learn, but I think we've been doing pretty well so far." There are a few seconds of silence, before he adds: "But honestly, we've also been very lucky." Taehyung nods pensively, thumb absentmindedly rubbing Jungkook's waist.

"I hope we stay on the right tracks in the future...

-I'm pretty sure we can make that happen if we work for it." Jungkook looks confident about the future, as much as Taehyung is, so that the latter feels relieved.

Jungkook's head finds its way back on Taehyung's chest, but feeling like he's on the verge of falling asleep again, the raven-haired male soon lifts it again.

"Let's go to bed?" He asks, yawning loudly.

In his sleepy state, Jungkook fights his way out of the hammock, almost falling so that Taehyung can't help but grin at his pitiful attempts not to drop in the grass. Eventually, Taehyung helps him out, and they both walk together towards the house, the grass grazing their bare feet.

The house is silent and completely dark, and yet, Taehyung can still feel the warm atmosphere that always surrounds it. The wood creaks under their steps as they make their way to the bedroom, the sound already pleasantly familiar.

The brown-haired male takes a few minutes to appreciate the current moment as they're both lying in bed, Jungkook sprawled on him. He is crushing him under his weight, but Taehyung would take this any time rather than the cold bed he was used to sleep in not so long ago. His eyes drift along with his thoughts, and he absentmindedly looks at a butterfly that has landed near the open window.

Of course, he knows they still have a long way to go. They won't ever finish to learn, and some old demons might resurface one of these days. Besides, they will surely make mistakes again, as everyone does. However, now they know how to deal with problems. They know that they're free to tell anything to each other without being rejected, and that they will work hand in hand.

Tomorrow is uncertain, but far brighter than yesterday.

****

Thanks everyone for reading my story ♥ I'm very happy to have shared this story with you! See you another time and thanks to the voters!