Save

Modern AU

When was the last time I was sitting in a car and felt comfortably like this?

I loved my parents, yes no matter what they did: If they scolded me, if they were too strict, I loved them anyway and now they are death.
And why? Because I wanted to see those horses. I loved horses, those graceful animals, and we had the chance to see royal ones! The horses of the queen... I begged them to go with me and I wanted to see them as fast as possible! They told me I was just a child, they told me I didn't knew it better. They told me it wasn't my fault and that it was fate that my parents died, that they have a better life with God in heaven...So the life with me wasn't good enough? So it was my fate to be alone?

But I guess there was just something bigger waiting for me.
I guess back then I just fought that this was the end, but...

One by one, my family came back.

My butler,Kevin, stayed with me all the time and you can say that he comforted me only with being there for me when no one else was.
I lost my parents but he was still there.

My uncle Barton was often too busy for playing with me and taking care, but when he found the time, it was as if my father would be there again. Of course it was different from my real father and nobody could replace my parents but being with Kevin felt like i had a big brother and being with uncle felt like having another father.
All in all, they built a new family for me.

And then, problems came.

After all those peaceful moments, my uncle disappeared.
He went to a work trip and got lost.
I don't know what happened but I hope he is save. However, my family got financial problems and I thought that I would once more lose my daily, save life together with people I called my family. But the person I could call my big brother was still there, not caring about not getting paid and even if we had to move, I didn't lose the hope that things will get better. It was hard to change my lifestyle but I had to go through this.

I found rare friends.

The first friend I made was a small,
all-happy-looking boy with the name Isaac.
He cried about how he failed the math test and I couldn't stop myself from commenting on it with how easy math is. Somehow I became his private tutor in almost every subject... he always talks about occult things, demons, fairies and all that nonsense but we get along and became good friends, strange ones with almost no interest in the same things, but for sure friends for a lifetime. Soon after that, I became friends with Swallow, a reliable and hard working boy. Other than me and Isaac, we had a lot of things in common.
Then again, there where those bothersome new students...
An old friend of my grandfather will die soon and since my grandfather died, I have to choose which of his three random related family members should get the heritage. Those three were annoying, air heads and just strange, but somehow all the noise and problems they brought into my life made me happy and let me feel save, it let me feel truly alive. They even made me discover new sides I never knew I had!

All those different people that are by my side made me forget about my worries and showed me things I never believed in.

After that accident with my parents I was always afraid that another car accident will happen so I was never comfortable with sitting in a car but with those strange but comforting people by my side, I fell into a deep slumber soon after the car started moving and you could say that with them

...I feel save.

-William