035 | NISHINOYA YUU

LONG DISTANCE長距離

LONG DISTANCE
長距離

You've known Yuu ever since you were born. Your families were close to each other, mothers and father were bestfriends and even lived next door.

At first you hated him, being a girl, you have different beliefs and toys to play with. Yuu always complained about being stuck in a boring tea party and as for him, you were disgusted and horrified at how he always wanted to kill a toy figure.

Things changed however when the both of your grew older. Things were more clearer with the both of you, until it was High School when you dropped the bomb on your parents.

"We're dating," Yuu announced through a family dinner, his voice filled with determination.

His mother dropped her fork on the floor, your father spurting out his water onto his bestfriend whilst your mother smiled knowingly, congratulating the both of you.

"Yuu," your father trailed off. The said boy visibly gulped nervously. "If you break my little's girl's heart, I'll break you, bone by bone-"

"Woah!" Yuu's father interjected, stopping your father's muderous thoughts. "They'll make a perfect couple! Besides, my boy isn't the type to break pretty girl's hearts."

Your father sighed. "Fine. Just remember what I told you, young man."

Yuu stood upright in his seat, saluting as he did so. "Siryessir!"

The whole table laughed at his clumsiness. Amongst those sounds, the both of you locked eyes and smiled widely at each other.

Looks like your father had predicted this alright. It wasn't Yuu hurting you though, it was the other way around. Your father needed immediate medical attention from a hospital overseas. Every doctor tried to cure him, but to no avail, was not working. A professional doctor recommended him to be treated at America which resulted in you currently packing all of your things in your room, the rain pelting against your window.

"Do you really have to go?" A pained Yuu voiced out in the middle of your packing, staring blankly at the ceiling.

You huffed, pausing from your actions and laid down beside him. "I have too, Yuu. If I don't, Tou-chan will die."

Yuu understood your situation, but he couldn't help but to be selfish. Their game against Dateko will be on the exact date of your flight. You attended every single one of his matches which boosted his morale and energy to play, to win. Having you without there was... empty.

"I understand. I'm sorry if I pressured you," he stated, hands covering his eyes.

You smiled despite the sadness in your heart, taking his hands in yours. "We'll work things out, okay?"