Chapter 12: Halloween Frights

Normal P.O.V.

Hiroka slowly looked up and saw Ryota. His gaze went to her then back to Tsubasa.

"Third, Tsubasa Yamamoto..."

Tsubasa scoffed at the sound of her name. "How do you know my name?" She asked.
"You don't need to know that," Ryota started. "Now then..." Ryota then slashed at the man with the whip. Slicing his hand right off.

Hiroka's eyes widened at the sight. He was screaming about his hand. She got out of the whip and shakily stood up. Azumi seemed to have gotten up too.

"Tsubasa, I don't want my sweet tart to watch your death. I was hoping you would hand me your diary," he said innocently.

"I have something even better."

Ryota's phone buzzed. No no no!

Diary of Hiroka

20:03 Hiroka is severely injured by Third
I hate myself for that

Tsubasa reach into her back pocket. "Have some candy!"

Candy was flown out of her hand.

Ryota quickly tackled Hiroka onto the ground. Shielding her with his own body.

It was explosives.

"Ryota!" Hiroka called.
"Don't worry about me," Ryota smiled at her. The smoke around them began to clear up.

Tsubasa had a gun in her hand. It was aimed at Ryota. "Don't move, or I'll shoot," she warned.
"Haha, bitch..." Ryota muttered.
"Huh?" Hiroka asked.
"Oh, sorry, sweetie" he apologized. "This woman just isn't acting very politely."

Ryota looked up at her with a glare.

"I'm going to get up now," Ryota informed them.
"Wait, she's going to shoot you!" Hiroka replied.
"Awww, no need to be worried, Ryota has this covered," He announced. Hiroka was confused by what he meant by that and why he was speaking in third person.

Ryota then threw something at her. It was his knife. The knife hit the gun right out of her hand and sliced off part of her finger. Tsubasa screamed in pain as she back up slowly.

"You!"

Ryota stood up and ran for the knife and gun. He was able to grab them both. He aimed the gun right at her forehead.

"Looks like we win," Ryota smirked.

Tsubasa then... began to laugh.

"Oh yeah, look around you!"

By then, it was too late. Three men lunged themselves at Ryota. They pinned his arms to the ground. Two other men grabbed Hiroka.

Ryota growled lowly as he struggled around. The men holding him seemed to have trouble keeping him down.

The men holding Hiroka tied her hands behind her back and threw her over his shoulder. "This one is pretty cute, good hostage use."

"You let go of her! Get away from my sweetheart! I swear I'll rip out all of your throats and feed it to the alligators!"

Hiroka looked at Ryota. She wanted to help him. Hiroka then kicked the guy holding him right in the balls. This caused him to groan in pain and drop her.

Hiroka stood up. She ran at the other guy and head butted him in the stomach. The wind was knocked out of him, but he recovered. He grabbed her face and pushed her onto the ground.

"Brat! What do we do with her?!" He yelled at Tsubasa.
"Bring her to the-!" Tsubasa stopped mid sentence.

Everyone was staring at her. Her eyes slowly dulling over. Her corpse fell to the ground. That's when you could see it. A knife at the back of her neck. There stood Azumi.

"Azumi!" Hiroka exclaimed.

Azumi ran up and kicked one of the guys holding Ryota's arm. This freed his arm with the gun. Ryota then placed his gun against another man's forehead and pulled the trigger.

Azumi worked on killing the guys who previously held Ryota down.

Ryota stood up and walked over to Hiroka. He shot the guy on the ground with his gun. Ryota then threw his knife and it hit the other man in the forehead. Before the man could land on Hiroka, Ryota grabbed his face and pushed him away.

Hiroka stood up. Seeing so many dead bodies. Hiroka hated it. She looked up and noticed Ryota staring at her, then smiling. Azumi walked up to them.

"I'll get rid of the bodies," she informed them.
"You sure?" Hiroka asked.
"Yeah, I'm a master at this," She then bragged. Ryota just scoffed at her.
"Let's go then," Hiroka told him. Ryota nodded and left with Hiroka.

The Next Day

Hiroka soon woke up. She found that she was barely able to move though. She looked over and saw Ryota sleeping peacefully with his arms around her waist and legs around her own.

"There is something wrong with you!"

Ryota woke up to her screaming. He quickly shut up. "Are you Okay?" He quickly asked.
"No, why are you in here with me?" Hiroka asked.
"I just wanted to protect Hiroka, I'm sorry," Ryota stood up sadly beginning to walk away.

Hiroka sighed as she stood up. "Ryota!" Ryota turned his head. She would probably regret it later. Hiroka ran up to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him downwards. She kissed him.

Hiroka pulled away a few seconds later. Ryota has this cute blush on his face. Then he smiled widely. "Is that your way of confessing your love for me?" He asked. "Awww, I knew it would happen eventually, I was also thinking of honeymooning at Hawaii," he added.

Hiroka sighed quietly. She looked down and saw her phone buzz. Probably about the kiss.

"I didn't even read my diary, so I was surprised!" Ryota got on his diary and showed her it.

Diary of Hiroka

9:51 Hiroka kisses me
I love her so much

"It was nothing really," Hiroka told him worriedly.

Just then a knock on the door was heard. Ryota went to the door and opened it. Azumi stood there.

"I got some news for you guys," she said while stepping inside.
"Yeah, what is it?" Ryota asked boredly. Hiroka walked out of her room. It was weird how his emotions changed so quickly.

"We've been missing the meetings about the survival games," Azumi said.
"Does it really matter?" Ryota asked.
"Yes, they can eliminate us, if we don't go."