twelve

I crossed my arms feeling proud as I watch Yanchen fix my locker, "I told you it was him."

Yanchen just rolled his eyes as he used the screwdriver.

"What are you guys doing? Aren't you supposed to be practicing?" Yanyu suddenly appeared with Zhangjing trailing behind her.

"We're taking a break,"

"How is this resting?" Zhangjing asks, pointing at Yanchen.

"And," I shook his bag, feeling the number of chips inside. "How is this dieting?"

Zhangjing pulled his bag away, "It's all diet meals. Don't judge me, Qin Mingzhu."

I shrugged turning around to spot Jeffrey and Yanchen's ex-girlfriend. "Omg," I hit Yanchen a couple of times.

"Fighting couple at 12 o'clock. Or is it 6 o'clock. 3? I don't how to use directions."

Yanchen moved around and followed my gaze. His mouth hung open as he saw his ex walking away from Jeffrey.

"Wow," Yanyu whispered, taking a bag of chips from Zhangjing's bag. "Drama ~"

Yanchen scoffed, returning to his work.

"Hey, aren't you going to chase after her?"

"I'm busy,"

I frowned looking at Jeffrey who closed his locker door a bit loud. Making some of the neighboring lockers, shake.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Do you think my hairstyle looks bad?" Yanchen asked, looking in front of the small mirror he brought. "I should style it again,"

"Enough!" I said, pulling him back to his seat. "You're making me nervous."

He scoffed, "How does me making myself handsome making you nervous?"

"You're unbelievably the most narcissistic person I have ever met."

"That's a lie. Justin is this town's narcissist."

"The you come in second," I said, fiddling with my fingers. "I hope I don't embarass myself on stage later."

I looked around the dressing room where everyone was busy pampering theirselves up for the talent show. Fen gege and the others all came here earlier but they were forced to go out because Zuo Ye couldn't stop following Xukun.

Lifen showed up in front of us holding a clipboard, "Hi guys, you ready?"

"Yes?" I questioned myself.

She showed her innocent smile, "You're #21, right after Ruibin's group."

"Wow," Yanchen exclaimed, taking the number. "What a coincidence."

Lifen continued smiling which makes her even prettier. How could I compete with that? "Have fun there. Jiayou!"

"She's so sweet," Yanchen whispering beside me. "She's the type of person you can never hate."

"Who says I hate her?"

"Your eyes tell a different story,"

"Stop that and pay attention to the screen." I motioned, pointing at the tv in the dressing room. People backstage are going to watch the performances through there.

Yanchen furrowed his eyebrows, "Are you blind or something? There's nothing on it."

"This close, this close," I showed him my thumb and index finger gesturing a small amount, "I am this close to hitting you right now."

Yanchen shrugged, taking out his phone as he started scrolling. "My ex-girlfriend's here."

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "That means she's going to see our performance, be jealous and take you back! Finally, I can have some peace."

He was silent, still not muttering anything while I continue to blabber on about him being back together with her.

"When you sing later, you have to look at her. I mean really look at her," I explained, motioning to his eyes. "Make sure you show sincerity."

I started to stand up and act like him. "This is how you do it,"

I sang, imitating him during our practice as I held the water bottle like a microphone. Yanchen was laughing a bit and I was moving around I didn't realize I bumped into someone.

I almost fell but luckily he caught me by the arms.

"I-I'm sorry," I stuttered and he was still holding me.

I swear when I tell you, I have never seen a person look so much like.......

"Huba?"