She turned back to her sister with a shrug. "I don't know. Haven't seen her since this morning."

Jess simply shrugged and took another bite of her sandwich.

---

Eleanor didn't see Bella nor Edward for the rest of the day, though she didn't worry too much about it. She was sure Edward was still explaining everything to Bella - it had taken a while when she had learned about it too.

As she walked out to the her final class of the day, Rosalie moved in step beside her. "Are you coming to the house today?"

Eleanor turned to give the blonde a friendly smile. "Alice is forcing me to go shopping with her, so yeah."

A hint of a smile tugged at Rose's lips but she masked it quickly. "If you meet us at our cars, you can ride with us."

El nodded and watched as Rose walked away. The girl had slowly been warming up to Eleanor the more she spent time at their house. She was still intimidating but Eleanor was beginning to like her.

The rest of the school day passed quickly, and soon Eleanor was walking towards the coven of vampires. She attempted to keep her head down, not wanting to attract too much attention to herself. She especially didn't want her sister seeing her with the Cullens', knowing she would never hear the end of it.

Emmett greeted the girl with a wide grin and Alice wrapped her in a hug before the five of them got into the car. Eleanor had never been afraid of car rides, but Emmett drove faster than anyone she had ever met and she feared he would flip the jeep. She was thankful when they arrived at the house and Emmett's grin told her that he drove like that on purpose.

Esme greeted Eleanor with a warm smile and a hug when they entered the house. Eleanor loved the woman - she was one of the sweetest people she had ever met.

"Carlisle is still at work but he'll be home soon." Esme said when she pulled back. "Are you hungry? I can make you something to eat before you and Alice leave." Esme was very happy to have someone else to take care of in the house. She was thrilled that Eleanor was a human, since it meant she could use the kitchen.

"That'd be great Esme, thank you." Esme always seemed to talk about Carlisle around her and, while El didn't understand why, she didn't mind. She only hoped that no one knew about her small crush on the man. She always made sure to keep a mental shield up around Edward just in case.

"Bella found out about us today." Esme shot Eleanor a knowing look as she pulled a pan out from a cabinet. "Edward just got home from seeing her."

El hummed, ducking her head to hide a smile. "I wonder how she found out."

"I wonder." Esme laughed, shooing Eleanor away. "He's upstairs."

Eleanor laughed as she headed for the stairs. As she climbed the steps, soft classical music floated down from Edward's room. She leaned against the door frame to see the boy sitting on his chair. "Can I come in?"

Without looking up from the book he was reading, Edward nodded. Eleanor walked in and sat in an empty chair. She twiddled her thumbs for a moment, watching as Edward flipped the page. "I have a question."

Edward peeked up at her through his lashes before settling his gaze back on his page. A look of frustration passed on his face and El assumed it was because her shield was up. "Which is?"