"Uhm, are you sure? You don't have to lie to me, you know. I just want to help you", she says softly – and I just have to look at her because I want her to see the disbelief written all over my face as I scowl at her. She has to be fucking kidding.

"No, you don't. If you really cared about me, you'd listen. But you don't know me, so you don't care. Don't care enough to get to know me. Thus, no point talking to you."

"Fine", she snaps at me, slipping down from the door. "Obviously, you don't want my help."

Genius. I narrow my eyes at her as she leaves again, perfect ass swaying with every step. I don't get what's wrong with people. Most of the time, they see me and they want to have sex with me. To get there, they start talking to me. One word leads to another and they figure out I'm not who they expect me to be. Drama starts. Every, fucking time. It's tiring.

Well, that's a pleasant thought. Sleep. I could use some. Definitely. My body needs some time to recover from all that biting and bloodsucking – and bitching. I think the bitching was actually the worst. Sighing, I lean back against the seat and close my eyes. The warm summer's sun is like a blanket, covering me from head to toe, making sure I'm warm and comfortable. A slight breeze carries the scent of blooming flowers to my nose. Several different kinds, several different smells, combined into this beautiful mixture.

My mind calms down, and so does my heart, followed by my breathing. I let my thoughts drift, thinking about the swirling yellow birds chirping fervently. The sound of his voice. A rich blue, graced with streaks of red and violet. A soft hint of silver at the edges. Maybe those are his colours. Though I can't say for sure until I see them merge with each other on the canvas. I want to paint his voice.

"You're actually serious about this." He chuckles next to my ear, wrapping his arms around me from behind as he rests his chin on my shoulder. Because it's so funny. I'm looking forward to the moment he's out of my head again. "Come on, don't sulk. It's actually flattering. Oh, by the way, what did you say to Terese? She's furious with me."

"Told her she's a goody-two-shoes", I reply tersely, enjoying the circles he's drawing onto my stomach with his fingers. He moves closer, resting his cheek against the side of my neck. This is unusually affectionate. I blush, sure he's aware of how comfortable I am right now.

"She deserved that, I guess. I only got that you're pretty mad, so I thought I'd come take a look at you."

"So you can't read my thoughts anymore?"

"Oh, I can. Loud and clear. But only when I'm close", he says lightly, crushing my hopes. So he knows. Well, who cares. I'm allowed to enjoy company once in a while. Especially since he's not suffering from helper syndrome like everyone else.

"I want to bite you", he whispers softly, eliciting a small moan from my throat. Shit. That caught me off guard. He turns his face around, nibbling at my neck. His arms tighten around my chest, pinning me to the backrest as he flicks his tongue across my soft skin. Moaning, I tilt my head to the side. Not that I want him to bite me, but this is good.

He takes his time, making me enjoy the attention. At least until he rams his fangs into me. Screaming in surprise, I clutch at the leather underneath me, tensing visibly. I curse under my breath and squeeze my eyes shut, waiting for the pain to subside. After a few agonizingly long seconds, he pulls away from me with a growl that makes me shiver despite the pain. I've been thinking about his voice too much.

"Now let's go back. I'm sure they're eager to find out what made you scream like that."

I watch him as he jumps out of the car, then waits for me to follow. My heart stirs. He's drop-dead gorgeous, I admit it. And I want to have sex with him again, without all the biting. At least once. Maybe we can make a deal.