Chapter 1 ➼ 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝓆𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃

Start from the beginning

"Huh, guess we won't need to since we don't have them."

His grip gets tighter on my waist. "You've got an attitude tonight, don't you?"

I back away, distancing ourselves. "And you're quite an ass, aren't you?"

"I'm sorry, that's no way to talk to my future queen." He smirks.

Shocked, I pull away, making him let go of my waist. "I - I'm sorry, what?"

"This isn't just a celebration of you, your mother didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"This is our first date, soon we'll be arranged to get married."

With that I turn on my heels and run. Leaving the ballroom I run up the stairs, down the hall and into my bedroom. I stop at my full length mirror. The girl looking back at me looks pale, unlike my normal slightly tanned complexion. Her eyes are wide and pricking with tears. Yeah I cry when I'm mad, so what? Strands of her hair fall from it's previous position on top her head.

An arranged marriage? I would have never thought mother would do this. Why? Who cares, I'm not doing it. I sit on the edge of my bed, closing the door.

I'm not some prize to be won and I'm sure as hell not going to marry William, he's an ass. He probably thinks of women as a toy. "Future queen," I scoff at the thought. I'd rather join my father's men in the Ogre Wars than be his queen. And my father, did he have anything to do with this? He must have known about mother's intentions. He was the one to introduce us. Ugh!! I flop backwards onto my bed holding in a scream.

There's a knock at my door.

"Go away."

My mother peeks her head into my room.

"Wanna talk?"

I roll my eyes. "No."

"I'm sorry, I should have told you -"

"No," I cut her off, sitting up. "You think it's okay to just ship me off to some random person who doesn't appreciate my worth? You think it's okay to decide my life for me?"

"That was not my intention Angelina, you know that."

"Do I?" I cross my arms, tears pricking in my eyes again.

"I love you. And your father and I just want the best for you."

"No you want what's best for you!"

"Angelina, I thought introducing you two and not springing it on you would have been better. That way you could get to know each other."

"Oh I got to know him, mothers. He's a real ass!"

"What happened?" My mother sits on my bed.

"He looked at me like I was some grand prize. He wants to to be his queen, I don't even want to be queen!!"

"Why don't you get out of here for the night. Relax a little, my darling." My mother kisses my forehead and walks out of my room.

Maybe I just need some air. I slip out of my bedroom door and head outside to the courtyard. The fresh air has always helped me thought. Who does this William guy think he is anyway?? I roll my eyes at the thought of marrying him. Who am I mad at though? My parents or William? I sit on the edge of the grand fountain, listening to the water fall. I lean down and drag my hand against the water, watching the ripples spread further and further until they disappear. I literally just got promoted to Princess, which I didn't even want, and I'm already facing problems. I'm not princess material. I grab the tiara ontop of my head and sit it next to me. I don't know how long I'm lost in thought but I snap out of it when I hear a stick snap.

I spin around, "who's there?"

Nothing.

"William if it's you just go away. I don't want to talk."

Still nothing.

I stand up from the foundation and look around. I start to walk back to the palace as a boy not much older than me steps out from behind a tree.

"Who are you?" I take a step back and get a good look at him. His brown hair is swept out of his face and his green eyes pierce into my blue ones. He wears black, tight pants, a dark short sleeved jacket and a brown belt.

He laughs.

"What's so funny?"

"Did I forget to introduce myself?" He steps closer to me, "I'm Peter."

I just look at him.

"Peter Pan." He says and he smirks at me.

"Okay and?" I start laughing.

He looks at me, confused. "You don't look afraid of me."

I laugh again. "Peter Pan scary? Yeah okay."

I walk past him, he grabs my wrist hard and turns me to him. Our faces are so close I can feel his breath on my face.

"You've got my story wrong, sweetheart. I'm more evil than you can imagine. And you're coming with me."

"What? To Neverland?" I roll my eyes.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way. You pick, sweetheart."

"I'm not your sweetheart." I pull my wrist out of his grasp and turn away.

"Hard way it is than," I hear him say. Then everything goes black.