Chapter 19

I wake to Kibble wagging her tail and hovering over me. I hold myself up on my arms. She jumps down from my bed and I let out a soft yawn. I pull my hair up into a ponytail. I go to the bathroom but while I'm in here Kibble is standing outside my door whining.

I come from the bathroom, "Okay girl. Just let me get dressed we'll go for a walk." I pull up my jeans and my wrinkled white t shirt. I throw my jacket over it and hurry into my ratty old shoes. I grab for the leash and I notice Kibble's mood drop.

"I'm sorry girl we have to." I hook it onto her collar. I get down the steps slowly. I just want to avoid running into mom. Chen isn't here this weekend. I look at the kitchen and my dad comes to the bottom step.

"Hey kiddo."

"Hey. Mom still asleep?"

"She went into work. You want to tell me why she came up to bed crying?"

"It's hard to tell." I mumble. I hold up the leash changing the subject, "I'm going to take Kibble for a walk."

"Okay." He rustles into the kitchen and I make my way out the door. My dad is a little more understanding but no matter the situation he chooses my mom's side always. I push the button to the elevator. Kibble jumps impatiently. I step into the elevator and Kibble whines as the doors close.

"I'm here girl." She turns to face me then starts to bark. "Keep it down Kibble people might still be asleep."

I come downstairs and Bryan is back. "Hi Bryan."

He smiles at me then Kibble, "Hello Ms. Avery and Ms. Kibble." Kibble barks and I smile. I lift Kibble and carry her out the door. When we get out the door it is literally less traffic on the streets then on the sidewalk. Why is it so busy on a Saturday?

(•_•)

I sit on the bench as Kibble plays in the grass. I occasionally throw things for her to catch and bring back. I sit back on the bench as Kibble chases the squirrel. I shut my eyes letting the sun soak into my skin. The wind is light and it feels so good.

Shadow blocks me from the sun. I open my eyes it could just be a cloud passing by. Its actually a few big grey clouds passing by. My phone rings. It's Zayn! Oh my god it's Zayn! I remind myself of our encounter last night. The way he smelled, the way his hands felt-

"Hi."

"Hey. I was calling to see if you were busy." Our call goes silent. "Are you busy?"

I laugh, "Oh sorry uh well I'm at the park with my dog but."

"I'll come there then." The phone beeps in my ear before I can protest. I'm not even wearing makeup. Why would I want him to see me without it? I mean he can but not yet. I'm sure one day he'd see me but now is kind of soon. I just don't have my make up with me. Oh well.

I'm seriously struggling to mask my excitement. Zayn is coming!

(•_•)

I stand in the grass picking up after Kibble. I tie up the bag. Then I look up at the call of my name.

"Avery!" Zayn shouts as he walks toward me. He is taking big steps due to his long legs. He looks hot as always. I look down at the bag of Kibble in my hand. I laugh at myself. Zayn approaches me noticing the bag in my hand first. He points to it.

"Is that?"

"Yup." I laugh pitying myself. Of course he comes when I'm holding dog poop in my hand. I walk towards the trash can and Zayn follows.

"So this is Kibble?"

"Oh you remembered her name."

"With a name like Kibble how can I forget. It's not a dog name."