"You should be grateful for me. I copied down all of our work today just for you." Dylan says with a smile. "I wouldn't do that for you." He says, directing it towards Jess.

She scoffs at him and he laughs a little bit. More of our friends come to sit at the table and start talking, but I tune them out. All I can focus on is wanting to leave this place.

The bell finally rings after what seems like forever and I rush to my locker. I get out my homework and go out to the front of the school. My sister, Madeline, is sitting in her car parked at the front.

I go to the car and open the door, throwing my books in the backseat. I slam the door and pull the seat belt across, snapping it in place. Madeline says nothing as she starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot.

"What's wrong?" she finally asks me after a while. Why is everyone asking me that?

"I'm just tired." I tell her. She shrugs and continues to drive. Nothing is wrong with me.

She turns on the familiar street and I immediately dread it. As much as I am looking forward to reading the script, I don't want to encounter him again.

She stops in front of the condo and I grab my folder out from the pile of books in the back. I open the door and step out. A gust of cool air hits and I pull my jacket tighter around me. Taking a deep breath, I walk up to the first few steps of the condo.

I hear her car pull away just as I knock on the door. This time, I don't wait for someone to let me in. I push the door open and hear the voices of all the actors. Well, probably not all of them. I am a little early.

I get into a dining room and find many tables pushed up against each other. People are scattered around in different seats while talking to one another. I debate where I want to sit and just pick an empty seat on the end.

Gary walks up to me and greets me, handing me a bottle of water at the same time. I take a minute to look over my script as more people start to fill the room. A skinny, average height guy takes an empty seat next to me and pulls out his script as well. Without saying a word, he skims his script and tunes out everyone. I could get used to this guy.

In between looking at my lines, I look at the people filing in the room. I see the little girl from the night before enter the room. What was her name again? Amanda? She takes a seat next to another little girl and starts talking with her.

"Hi." A soft voice says beside me. I turn to face the scrawny guy who was staying silent moments before.

"Hi." I tell him with a smile. He gives me a warm smile, his brown eyes lighting up when he does so. He kind of has a boyish look, but I know he can't be younger than me.

"Oh, uh, I'm Ian." He stumbles out. I laugh a little at his awkwardness.

"Isabelle." I tell him. He opens his mouth to say something else but we are interrupted by a booming voice behind us.

"And I'm Alexander, pleasure to meet you. Is this seat taken, Isabelle? No, that's good to hear." The voice says before neither Ian nor myself can get a word out.

I feel my cheeks start to burn in anger and tell myself to calm down. Don't get so mad at this boy.

"Oh, hey. Nice to meet you." Ian tells Alexander while extending his hand. Alexander completely ignores it and sits down in the seat to my left.

"Wish I could say the same to you." Alexander tells him with a grin. I roll my eyes and bury my head in my arms. "Who're you playing?"

"Oh, I-um, I'm just-"