unus.

The weeks following the overrule of ODSIS were chaos. At first, the school was on lockdown, but as people realized that the threat was someone we should have been able to trust, the Third Class lost it. They refused to leave the campus, and nobody outside tried to help because they had no idea what was going on inside. Such is the woes of a high-security school that doesn't even allow parents past the fences of the campus.

The security guards went first, either having fled in cowardice or been overrun by groups of students jumping and stunning them. I never stuck around long to see what they did to the poor guys. It was terrifying to think that the guards' power could crumble that quickly, but also exhilarating to think that we were in charge.

The two higher classes followed, their fates being sealed like that of the guards. The senseless murders culminated with a group of Third Class students storming a basement of one of the science buildings, one I had not been in since my first year. Allegedly, they went in to rescue Third Class students that had been captured and imprisoned by the First and Second Classes, but they couldn't find any evidence of such. Instead, they happened to something much more interesting.

Oliver and Penelope Dean were the foundation of ODSIS. As the founders of the school, everything that happened around school went to them. That being said, the minute they heard of the revolution they fled. The Third Class rescue team found them in hiding, and promptly captured them and chose to execute them in front of the rest of our class.

I didn't go. In some dark part of my mind, it was exhilarating to know that Jules's killers were experiencing the same fate as her, but I couldn't stand to actually watch the event. The idea of a bunch of students overtaking the people in charge made my stomach twist and my throat burn. What would happen to us, then? Third Class was in charge, and apparently they didn't realize that nothing had been fixed nor had any rules been revamped, they simply became their own twisted version of the Deans.

"Emmett," a younger boy I had never met before with coiled black hair said to me one day, hand on my shoulder, "Jules would be so proud of what we were doing, you know? She wanted us to take charge and go to get what we wanted."

"You don't know her at all," I hissed. Jules wanted equality, not war. That interaction changed my mindset. I had no problem with revolution, mostly because I didn't want to get shot in front of the entire (what was left of the) school. I wanted to make a change within our revolution. Our world was in chaos, and we needed order.