Johnlock Four: So do I

John fidgeted restlessly as he and Sherlock sat in chairs outside the room that held their darling Rosemary. John looked over at his husband, to see if he was as nervous as John was. As usual, Sherlock was as cool as a winter breeze. "Sherlock?" His voice quiet.

"Mm?" He turned to look at John. Sherlock and John had taken the entire week to rush around and baby proof the new house that they had only bought months before. They just today had made the finishing touches to the Mid-Summer Night's Dream themed nursery. And all Sherlock could think about right now was whether or not they had gotten Rosie enough blankets.

"What if we aren't ready to be parents?" Sherlock sighed. John had been practically tearing his hair out after Molly's will was read to them two weeks beforehand. "What if Molly made a horrible decision?"

"Out of all of our friends, Molly was the one who clearly knew what she wanted. If she didn't, she wouldn't have made us Rosie's godparents." Sherlock's calm words soothed John's nerves.

On September 13, Molly Hooper had died of heart failure right after giving birth to Rosemary. Unbeknownst to the Watson-Holmes, she had made them the godparents of Little Rosie as soon as she found out she was pregnant.

They had found out this little surprise a few hours after Molly's funeral, at the reading of her will. Not only was this a surprise for John and Sherlock, it was also one for the rest of the Hooper family. The Hooper family all knew that none of them could ignore Molly's wishes, so they did not fuss when Rosie was given to the couple.

"John and Sherlock?" A young nurse smiled at them, beckoning them over. John's heart thundered in his chest. Sherlock slid his hand into John's steadying him as they stood up.

Sherlock stopped John at the door, kissing the shorter man's forehead. "You are going to be a wonderful father." John smiled and gave him a peck on the lips. "It's me we should be worrying about." Sherlock's worry began to show. John knew exactly what he was worried about.

"Sherlock, you are an intelligent and kind human being. You will do nothing but good for this baby. I promise." They both took a deep breath. And without another word, the couple walked into the room to greet their new child, hand in hand.

"Look Rosemary, it's your daddies!" The young nurse said softly to the baby swaddled in a light pink blanket. John sat in the chair beside the nurse, watching Rosie. Sherlock placed a hand on John's shoulder, standing behind him. "Would you like to hold her?"

John nodded enthusiastically, feeling a bit like a bobble head. The nurse laid Rosie in his arms. John wiped away a stray tear looking down at their new baby girl. Sherlock kneeled down in front of John, brushing his thumb lightly across her cheek.

"She's so small." Sherlock said with what only could be described as childlike wonder. John smiled brightly at his husband, no longer caring about the tears on his cheeks. "I love her already." He stated, looking at John.

"So do I." He said with all the love in the world. "So do I."

---

Hello my darlings,

I thought you guys might like a little bit of bittersweet happiness. 'Specially when it came to Rosemary. Do you like it?

Love,

Elle