27

"this is gonna be your new place. don't worry, seungwan noona owned this place so you guys don't have to pay the rent." jungkook showed an apartment to irene, taehyung, and suga.

"well maybe they have to- later." seungwan jokingly said to them as she smirked along with jungkook.

they finally got back to seoul after spent a month or maybe more in busan, life during that moments have been up and down but they solved it but had to lose one of their beloved friend, park jimin.

the apartment was kinda big, it was located in central city, the view was showing han river, has three bedrooms, large kitchen and living room, and a balcony.

"i'll give you all a week to rest, then you start your job." jungkook said while taehyung, irene, and suga exploring the place. "since it's almost dinner, let's have a dinner."

all of them following jungkook to his car at the basement floor, jungkook decided to go to kim seokjin's place without telling them.

soon as they got into the car, seungwan received a call from her assistant about taehyung, irene, and suga's status in the police department. it was kinda hard to reset the data system because it needs the permission of the deputy commissioner, but gladly seungwan helped it out because the deputy commissioner was her own father.

"-okay, thanks for your info." seungwan put her seatbelt on as she hung up the phone. "good news! you're all clean and safe. but you have to start immediately next week because i just received another case to handle with." she explained.

all of them except suga were looking at seungwan without giving the response, meanwhile suga just looked outside the window. "a week isn't enough for me to rest. my leg is still fucking numb." he mumbled but still could be heard.

"that's why i will take you to the hospital tomorrow, min yoongi-ssi." seungwan said to suga. he just rolled his eyes and smirked in annoyed way.

jungkook drove the car to the restaurant owned by kim seokjin, he checked the time on his watch. kim seokjin himself didn't know about this, but jungkook's assistant already there to make sure he was there.

after 30 minutes drive, they finally arrived, the place was quiet full because it was friday. then after jungkook took the valet parking and he also met his assistant, he lead them all to the vip room right away.

taehyung, irene, and suga were kinda amazed by the crowd of this place because they had a long line at the entrance door. the smell of delicious and luxury foods could be smells as soon as they arrived, taehyung saw some people had their ramen noodles and some of them had their steaks and more, he nodded seemed like he approved that this restaurant was very recommended.

"please have a seat." jungkook told them, pointing at the seats in front of him. he was seating in front of taehyung and besides seungwan when the waiter gave them menus and waiting for them to pick some foods to eat.

"i'll have the same thing as taehyung, please excuse me, i need to go to the restroom." irene politely said to jungkook and seungwan with a little bow as she slowly got up and walking out.

as she walked out from the vip room, irene lost her way because she had no idea where the restroom was. she just casually walked through the hallway until she found a dead end then turned around.

another hallway she walked through, another confusion she got, until a woman walked out from the nursery room with a little girl in her hand.

"hi, excuse me, do you know where's the restroom?" irene immediately asked her and it made her startled a little.

"oh, yes, at the corner over there." she replied with a smile, the little girl was also smiling at irene that made irene smiling back at them.

irene found her cute because she was wearing a pastel colored dress and a flower bandanna around her head

"thank you." irene bowed and let them passed by. the little girl turned her head and looked at irene with a bright smile then waving at her, irene couldn't help but smiling and waving back.

-

the food has arrived but irene hasn't come back, taehyung looked worried and decided to find her while the other already started to eating.

he excused himself and walking out from the room then looked around, he walked through the hallway and peeking every room because the doors wasn't that close. until he found a family, in a vip room, celebrating someone's birthday, they're all singing happy birthday with bright smiles and laughs.

taehyung look at every person in the room until he found his brother, kim seokjin, holding a little girl who dressing up cutely and a women with a short hair next to them. as the song ended, seokjin bend a little and let the little girl blowup the candles, sounds of clapping hands filled the room.

taehyung had no idea why but his feelings were mixed between happy and sad at the same time. he didn't realized that he even smile a little, his gaze at his brother and his happy family was soft.

"what are you doing here?" irene suddenly appeared next to him, peeking inside the room to see what taehyung was seeing. "oh! that's the woman who helped me earlier. wait, do you know them?"

"hyung." taehyung mumbled while his gaze were still looking at them, making irene confused what was he said.

a few seconds later, an old lady walked out from the room and startled at taehyung and irene. irene bowed at her and saying sorry, she grabbed taehyung's hand and told him to bow and say sorry but he only bowed.

"mother-in-law, let's eat first before the food gets co-" seokjin appeared and saw taehyung and irene. both, taehyung and seokjin were staring at each other without blinking or saying anything. the old lady and irene were also glancing at taehyung and seokjin until the old lady called her daughter.

"sooyoung-ah! did you invited your friends?"

"oh? friends? no, it's a family dinner, mom." she walked out and saw seokjin was standing there looking at taehyung. sooyoung suddenly opened her eyes widely in shocked as she hold seokjin's arm.

"hyung."

"taehyung-ah."