122. It's Your Birthday

Start from the beginning

"How many books should I get? I don't have that much money on me." I said.

"Well that doesn't matter because I'm paying. Get as many books as you want." Shawn said.

"Shawn I could never do that to you. You don't have to do that." I said.

"I'm serious. I'm paying, so get as many books as you want." Shawn said.

"Okay. Thank you. Let me just browse around. They have a coffee shop if you want to go there and wait." I said.

"No I'd rather be with the birthday girl." Shawn said with a smile. I sat down on the floor in the bookstore, looking at books. Even though I'm an adult, I still love the young adult section. I sat there and Shawn sat with me too, keeping me company. "Honey, look at this one, it looks interesting." Shawn said, handing me a book that I had actually taken out at the library and had loved.

"I read that book already from the library but I would love to reread it. Can I get it so we have it at home too?" I asked. Shawn chuckled.

"Whatever you want baby girl." Shawn said. This is the kind of support I need in my life. A man who will let me buy as many books as I want. I left the store with ten books and a big ass receipt. "Did you have fun in your version of the candy store?" Shawn asked me when we got in the car.

"Oh most definitely. Thank you so much Shawn. Where to now?" I asked.

"Now, we go home and get ready for our dinner date. I picked out a dress for you to wear so you should wear that. Okay?" Shawn asked.

"Baby you shouldn't have. You didn't have to do that." I said.

"Oh but I did. So wear it. You're going to look stunning in it, I just know it. You look stunning in anything." Shawn said with a smile. I hadn't been able to wipe the smile off my face all day.

"Thank you baby." I said.

"You're welcome darling." Shawn said.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes?" He responded.

"Will you call me darling again please?" I requested.

"Darling, you are my darling birthday girl, darling, I love you darling." Shawn said, emphasizing every single word. I smiled. We soon pulled up to the house and got ready. Shawn picked out a white dress for me with a black and light blue pattern on it. It was beautiful and I teared up at the thought of Shawn doing all of this for me. I finished my make-up and finished getting ready for the evening. I walked out to Shawn who had his back turned to me.

"Shawn?" I called out. He spun around and his jaw dropped as his eyes scanned my body.

"Wow, you look... wow. Spin." Shawn said. I smiled and did as told. Shawn was wearing a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, showing off his beautiful tattoos, and black dress pants.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I said with a smile.

"Oh yeah?" Shawn said, spinning for me. I giggled.

"Yeah. You look so handsome, my dear. I love you." I said, going on my tiptoes to kiss his nose. He smiled at me.

"Thank you my love. Come on, we're going to be late if we don't leave soon." Shawn said, escorting me to the car.

"Okay." I said. We pulled up to a fancy restaurant. "Shawn this is too much." I said.

"Nothing is too much for you, my love." Shawn said, giving me a quick peck on the lips. I smiled at him and we went inside. We had a lovely dinner.

"Shawn thank you so much for making my twenty first birthday so special. I don't know what I did to deserve you." I said, getting teary eyed.

"Honey, I ask myself that every single day. I love you so much my sweet girl. Come on. Let's go home and snuggle." Shawn said. He gently took my hand and led me out to the car. We got home and changed into more comfortable clothing. "Hey baby girl?" Shawn asked.

"Yes my love?" I asked.

"Can I post something on Instagram about your birthday?" Shawn asked. He's always so considerate and thoughtful.

"Of course." I said. After a few minutes I got a notification that Shawn posted something on Instagram. I checked it. It read: "Today is my wonderful girlfriend's twenty-first birthday. Baby girl, I love you so much and we have been having so much fun today. Thank you so much for making every single day with you so special and I hope that you love your gifts. I love you baby girl, happy birthday." I cried while I read it.

"Baby girl why are you crying?" Shawn asked as he walked into the room.

"Because that was so beautiful. Thank you so much baby boy. I love you so much." I said. Shawn gave me a kiss.

"I love you too beautiful. Now, time for presents." Shawn said.

"Shawn you already bought me books, you didn't have to get me anything else." I said.

"Oh but I did." Shawn said, suddenly whistling. A shih tzu puppy came running.

"Oh my God Shawn you didn't." I said in a state of shock.

"Do you like it?" Shawn asked.

"Like it? I love it! What's its name? Is it a boy or a girl?" I asked Shawn.

"It's a girl, she doesn't have a name yet." Shawn said.

"What do you think about the name Amelia?" I asked.

"She looks like an Amelia. I like it. Amelia it is." Shawn said. Shawn gave me more presents too. One of them being a necklace, another being a bracelet. They were all so amazing.

"Thank you so much Shawn. I love you." I said.

"You're welcome babe. I love you too." Shawn said, leaning in to kiss me. As our lips met, I felt the sparks again. I felt butterflies, I felt my blood pump faster, and I felt my heart race. Shawn made my birthday extra special and I couldn't thank him enough for that.