29. A Day of Works

June's P.O.V

Christie showed me where everything was and all the things I should do. This tiny store had a lot more customers than I expected, and I can see why this place gets a lot of business. The two people (now three) that work here are so welcoming and friendly with the customers, that they all left with big smiles on their faces.

Now that the rush had died down, we were sitting at the front counter, just listening to the music that was playing on the radio. Currently, Story of My Life was playing and all I could think about was Liam and his words on the phone. Sometimes I wish he wasn't so busy, but I have to accept this if I want to keep him. Every moment I have with him is a treasure, no matter how little the time.

"That was One Direction's new single, Story of My Life! Soon to be kicking off their On The Road Again tour, here to talk to us, we have the number one boyband, One Direction!" the spokesperson said.

"Hey, turn it up," I told Christie, and she did just that.

Liam's P.O.V

I was given a microphone along with the other boys, and we were seated in front of a woman who spoke on the radio. With one swift introduction, all five of us said our hellos into the mic.

"Boys, thank you so much for joining us today!" Tina, the radio anchor said to us with a big smile.

"It's a pleasure to be here," Louis answered for all of us.

She nodded and looked down at her note cards. "So, you will be starting your next tour pretty soon. How do you feel about that?"

"Well, we're pretty excited for the tour to kick off. We've spent a lot of time writing songs to present to our fans, and we're so excited for them to hear it," I answered.

"About your fans, they're very committed to you guys. Our listener ratings skyrocketed when I announced that you will all be here for an interview today. What do you have to say to that?"

Harry chuckled. "We paid them to listen."

"Shut up, Harry!" Niall joked and knocked him in the back of the head. "We love our fans and we're honestly very surprised that all of them are so committed, and we love that they're all supporting us throughout the tour and outside of the tour dates as well."

"Yeah, they're the best," Zayn added. "Sometimes I wish I can hug all of them without having to be told that we have to leave."

"A few of them camp out, even," Louis said.

"Yeah! I've see the lines at our concerts. It's absolutely crazy," I told them and we all busted out in conversation about how crazy things get when the fans are in line.

...

June's P.O.V

"Which one is your boyfriend again?" Christie asked me whilst looking at a picture of the boys on her phone.

I looked and saw his face. "Liam. That one," I said, pouting to Liam in the middle.

"Oh yeah. He looks different without a beard." She shrugged and set her phone back down.

I chuckled as I wiped down the dusty counter for closing. Angel emerged from the guitar section and sighed while caressing a very beautiful guitar.

"Sometimes I wish I could just steal this guitar from my own store," he said while still stroking it.

I giggled. "Why don't you? It is your store."

"True, but that would be wrong my love. Someone else may have passion for this beautiful instrument, and I can't be the reason why they can't have that passion." He set the guitar back on the stand.