Two

The girl dressed in a cat inspired hoodie that had the words 'Mommy's Little Purrincess' printed on it, smiled widely as she sat on a stool. She thought about how her mom told her to be on her best behavior or her mom wouldn't make her croissant and Camembert sandwiches. Marinette always found it odd how her daughter preferred croissants and Camembert over all the other foods.

"What's your name, kitten?"

Adrien questioned not knowing kitten was a nickname that Marinette called her daughter.

"Emma Dupain-Cheng."

She proudly replied. She had been used to making friends with people older than her since her mother was single and occasionally dropped her off at her grandparents when she traveled abroad but Emma never once felt neglected.

Adrien wondered if Marinette was divorced due to Emma not having her father's last name. He didn't want to pry but curiosity was known to be a cat's weakness.

"Can you tell me about your dad?"

Adrien asked as he sat next to her hoping that her father wasn't a sensitive subject.

"Mommy says she went to a bank to get something to make a baby."

Emma said not understanding what that meant. Adrien's fellow models laughed knowing that Marinette was referring to a sperm bank. Adrien immediately regretted asking the question.

"So, your Mom's single?"

A model about Adrien's height that had brunette hair and brown eyes to match asked. He was a German model named Leon Müller one of the few straight guys that modeled professionally.

"Mommy says she's married."

Emma quickly replied.

"To whom?"

Leon and Adrien nearly asked at the same time.

"Her career."

Adrien laughed at her cute answer. She laughed to finding Adrien's laugh to be quite weird. Marinette walked out from the room that Gabriel kept rolls of his favorite fabrics in. She carried a roll of white linen to cut her pattern base.

She was surprised to find how similar Emma and Adrien's laughs were. The
other models enjoyed macaroons that had been picked up by Nathalie earlier from the Dupain-Cheng bakery as a reward for their hard work on the other collections.

Marinette and Gabriel both worked hard on coming up with a generic idea on this years fall collection. Marinette noticed how Gabriel and Adrien seemed to have restored the father son bond that had be broken all those years ago.

"How about red silk instead of grey? To give it more of a pop?"

Marinette asked knowing this fall collection was going to be dedicated to Ladybug. It was the tenth anniversary of her death according to the public.

"Or would spots fit better?"

Gabriel replied laying a swatch of fabric next to the tailcoat that Marinette designed. Adrien amused Emma by trying to balance a strawberry Macaroon on the end of his nose as he tilted his head back.

"That's silly."

Emma laughed as she stacked another on top soon enough he was balancing three.

"Now the tricky part is how to eat them like this."

He stuck his tongue out trying to reach the macaroons. He knew he would fail of course but Emma enjoyed watching him try. Marinette looked up from her designs to see Adrien doing his trick. Marinette was the one who taught Adrien that trick in the first place but she was Ladybug at the time.

She missed being Paris's superhero but with Papillon gone she never needed to return. She didn't have time for It between being a single mother and a fashion designer she was booked.