Darky

The sun was hung in the deep blue sky like a bright lightbulb, its rays of light were filtered through the flittering leaves of a large tree that branched out atop a hill looking over a wide open field. It's branches swayed in the wind along with the calm breeze which created a relaxing sound. I watched the other Pokémon frolic in the tall grassy field. It looked like they were having fun over there, I wish I could.

I had a more important goal in mind. I was waiting for my parents.

Ever since I evolved, they left me all alone and hadn't came back in four days, and I was really starting to grow concerned. They would never leave me behind for this long. My siblings also disappeared with them. Did I do something wrong? I've been sitting under this tall oak tree for so long, the only comfort I receive is from it. There are times that I even start to doubt if my family are going to come back.

Growing tired, I threw myself into the comforting shade. The grass was uncomfortably prickly against my cheek, and changing positions did not help my situation much. I attempted to lower my stubby tail, but it did not seem to work very well expressing the pain I still felt. As days passed, the grass started to feel more like cotton than thorns. The wind started to gain more strength with every puff. Soon, four days turned to eight, and eight into fourteen...

And that's when I really knew they weren't coming back for me.

The sky was painted a dark gray, and the sun was nowhere in sight. The rough winds shook the branches of any leaves they had, which exposed me.

I hadn't moved since this morning, and the sound of my growling stomach was forcing me to stand up to my paws, which I wasn't used to walking on anymore. The first few seconds of standing up I felt like my legs were about to give out any second. But I kept going.

The walk past the field was a struggle, but I knew I wasn't even half way there yet. That thought was the only thing that kept me going. The view of the weeping willow trees were from below was beautiful, and flooded me with memories of the many times I had walked here with my siblings to grab food. Things have changed since then, and ever since their departure, everything seemed a shade darker. Berries would never grow in areas where they were once plentiful, like they did not have a purpose anymore to grow.

My closest sibling, Abilene, was my favorite to be around. She was the perkiest little Eevee I've ever met, and we were just the ultimate duo. We would get into all kinds of mischief together. When mom wasn't looking, Abilene and I would run off into the field to play with the other Pokémon. Once she turned back, I remember her face being red as a beet, and her features were so twisted up you couldn't even see her sparkly red gem on her forehead. When that happened, dad would rush over in a heartbeat, trying to defend mom and threatening to shock us if we didn't obey her next time. Mom would always smile after he said that. And we kept getting into trouble, but he never shocked us no matter how bad we were, or how mad he became.

The question then returned to my mind. If he loved me so much, how come he just left me here?

The thought kept tugging at my heart so much it felt like any second it would just rip in half. I bet it already was. Finding them would be just the best thing to happen to me right now. My eyes welled with tears, and my vision got all blurry. My hind paws collapsed leaving me in a slumped sitting position. All I wanted then was to see my family. To see my parents and my siblings. And most importantly, to see Abilene.