Prologue

Hi guys. Sorry for the wait. Hope you enjoy the sequel.

Happy reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“They can’t possibly have thought of this!”

I slammed the court summons onto my desk with such force that the binding almost came apart. Lorenzo wasn’t phased by my behavior. “They planned to sue Vera due to the fact that she got to inherit most of her grandparent’s fortune and not them.” 

They are just a bunch of gold diggers!

I didn’t trust her parents the second I met them. My first impression on them wasn’t very good. They only cared about their own reputations. Vera had no idea about the fortune except everything that I had told her. I told her everything.

How is she going to deal with this if she can’t even remember much of everything that happened during our marriage!?

“They just had to sue her at the wrong time. A time where she is at the most vulnerable.” I walked around my desk and made my way to my seat. My fist was shaking violently. “DAMMIT!” I tried to restrain myself from breaking anything in my office in case Vera was listening to the conversation.

I raked my hair due to the frustration that was building within myself. I had been a very protective and loving husband since the accident. I wanted to protect her from people like her parents and help her recover at her own pace.

“What is your plan sir?” Lorenzo asked.

I sat in my seat and looked at him. I have no choice. Time is at the essence.

“I need to find a way to get her to remember…and fast.” Lorenzo gave me a nod. He understood. As I thought about my plan, in the back of my head, many thoughts came to my mind. If she doesn’t remember her past, her parents will win but….

“If she recover’s her memory, she could win the case, but…..”

“But what sir?” Lorenzo asked.

I let out a shaky breath.

“Our marriage would be at risk.”